Honda recalls 170,000 more vehicles over exploding airbags: Are automobile companies doing enough to ensure public safety (yes) or does more need to be done (no)?

• For the most part auto makers are looking out for us.

Whether or not auto makers are doing enough to ensure public safety can be a difficult question. In most cases yes, it does seem like they are doing all they can. Honestly, their bottom line is their profit. However, killing your customers in a poorly designed vehicle is only going to destroy that profit margin. While winning safety awards will boost that. If however a company knows there is a problem with their design and markets it anyway, they must be held accountable.

• No, more extensive testing is needed

No, automobile companies are not doing enough to ensure the public's safety. Exploding airbags are the epitome of failure to properly test safety features in an automobile. The exploding airbags should have been discovered long before vehicles made it to market. Endangering the lives of millions due to faulty testing and equipment is highly unacceptable.

• Customers Should Be Able To Return

I personally do not think car manufacturers are doing enough to ensure public safety. I think they're making this vehicles for as cheap as possible and then turning around and putting bloated prices on them to sell to consumers. I think the trend needs to change. If a car needs to be recalled then the consumer should have every right to return that vehicle to the dealership for a refund.

• Auto companies need to get it together

Auto companies need to get it together. I'm sick and tired of hearing about these recalls. If the auto companies weren't trying to buy or make all parts at the cheapest costand putting themselves under such pressure all the time, maybe this recall issue wouldn't be so prevalent. Recalls are so common now I feel the auto companies are just incompetent.