Honey Never Spoils: Knowing that, would you eat some from a jar that was 50 years old?

• Sure, why not?

Even if it's not healthy to try it, if it never spoils, why not? Even if it tastes bad, it could definitely be a new experience, and it could taste good, so it couldn't hurt to at least try it. Just because it tastes bad doesn't mean one shouldn't try.

• Honey never spoils

It is a common perception that honey, as well as being a potent anti-bacterial substance, is one of few natural foods that will never spoil without preservatives. While I feel that this point might be oversimplified and in all likelihood is probably not true, I would nevertheless feel comfortable taking the risk of an upset stomach for some vintage honey.

• Never eat 50 year old honey

Honey should not be eaten after a certain period of time. Although it technically does not spoil, we do not know the full impact eating honey from a jar that is 50 years old. It is better to be safe than sorry. Although it may not spoil, there could be a change in the chemical properties.

• Not eating anything 50 years old.

No, I would not eat honey from a jar that was 50 years old. In fact, I would never eat anything that was 50 years old. No one knows for sure that a food does not spoil in that amount of time. That is not a risk I'm willing to take.

• I probably wouldn't

Even though honey never spoils, I can't be sure of other environmental factors like moisture, the container it was in, etc. I mean, if it can be stored as carefully as wine is, I might consider it. But it would take a well manicured process for me to consume old honey.

• I will not eat crusty honey

I have honey that has been in my pantry for only a year and it is crusty. Like i mean like it looks like a crusty potato in liquid form!! I am not even joking. And my crusty honey has only been in the pantry a yaer!! I dont want to eat honey that in 50x crustier!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYY