How is god punishing us for not believing the stories about jesus any different than me punishing you for not believing in my stories?

Asked by: steffon66
  • Why bash our religion?

Why are you bashing my beliefs? If you don't believe in God fine. But don't call those who do "insane" or "violent". But even non religious people can agree on Jesus's message and teachings. Love your neighbor as yourself, have a kind heart, help out those in need, etc. Just let us believe what we want and you believe what you want.

• It's very different

When you don't believe Jesus, you not only "don't believe" but you also reject Jesus and His sacrifice for you.

We are all sinners, we all deserve to go to hell and burn. But God loved us too much so that He sent Jesus to die for our sins so we can be saved. That is his plan of Salvation. When you don't believe this, you reject his love. He is telling you through me that He loves you and does not want you to burn in hell. Also, He does not "punish" you, He lets you make your choice and pay for the consequences.

When I don't believe your stories, I just don't believe the story of another human being just like me.

• I've Been Waiting To Say This For Awhile

This, to me speaks the truth. Though I believe in God, I don't believe that people should force others to be Christen. Saying that your religon is the only right one is being extremly ignorent and unconsidering of other people. You don't have to have a god to have a moral code. And some Crazy Christens (I'm a christen btw, I'm not trying to offend anyone) wonder why nobody is joining them while they yell at people that they're going to hell.

• God never punish people that doesn't believe in him

When you stop breathing you can still get into heaven. That’s right, even if you don’t believe in God, you can enter the pearly gates, as long as you’re a good person.
    To my conservative Christian friends: Please don’t send your angry emails to me. I’m just your humble messenger. He’s the one who said it, in an open letter published on page one of an Italian newspaper — big news that’s getting play all over the place.

Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!

“You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith,” Pope Francis wrote. “I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart.
    “Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”

In other words, if you don’t believe in God, He still believes in you. Or to put it in a more earthly way: no harm no foul.

This will surely offend many conservative Christians who don’t quite see it that way. In fact, many of them believe that even if you devoutly believe in God, even if you devote your life to helping the poor and infirmed, if you don’t accept Jesus as your lord and savior, you’ll be taking the express train south when you die.
    Let’s say a serial killer, seconds before they put the needle in his arm at San Quentin, honestly and truly accepts Jesus. He goes to heaven but a Jew or a Muslim or a Hindu or a Buddhist who has done many good things here on earth — but does not accept Jesus as his savior – goes to hell?

I’m a libertarian on these issues: Believe whatever you want. Of course, true believers don’t want you to believe whatever you want.

While the pope’s take on this issue simply won’t do for a lot of born again Christians, many of whom aren’t crazy about Catholics in the first place, for some atheists, it’s pretty much a non-issue.

They don’t believe in God and so they don’t believe in heaven and so they couldn’t care less. But Roy Speckhardt, executive director of the American Humanist Association, was more upbeat. “I gather from this statement that his view of the world’s religious and philosophical diversity is expanding,” he said. “
    A note of caution to any atheist out there who may actually be looking forward to someday saying hi to Saint Peter: There’s a good chance the pope’s Jay Carney will be out with a statement any second now that begins, “What the pope really meant is …”

And in case you’re wondering … No, I definitely, most assuredly am not an atheist. I don’t have enough faith for that.

• Yes it is different no its not different and explain why you think so

It isnt different. It is not important that i believe in god. Whats important is what i do with my life. Whats important is preventing misery and pain where i can and not causing it while those who believe in god used to all cause pain and misery to others. If you wander why people dont believe in god when the claims of your religion dont seem insane to you look at the people who used to believe like you do. Your ancestors were freaking insane because they believed what you believe. That most people around them are right. Every other religion is wrong but yours is right. Anyways me not believing in god is no different than you not believing in my stories because there is no harm in not believing in gods stories just like there is no harm in not believing in my stories. Why is it so important that i believe in god while the religions that say its important for me to believe in god say i already know right from wrong whether i believe in god or not?