• There are only two genders, the others are fake

I am a male Caucasian of average height for my age. I am even a little short. What would you say if I told you I was 8 feet tall? If you were in your right mind, you would think I was either joking or a lunatic, a candidate for the "funny farm". What would the liberals say, however, if I told them I was a woman? They would cheer me on as a true pioneer and try to bully others in submission to my ideals. This is hypocrisy. Why are they fine with me switching gender on command, but not with me changing my species, or my height, or my skin color without any connection to reality. Come on, people!

• No one give a fuck

There are 2 biological genders and that's it. All of the "other" genders are based of "gender roles" or being a homosexual. You have a dick or you don't that's it. I couldn't care less if you are gay or lesbian. Congrats you ruined everything sjws why do I even try to debate with you guys.

• There are only 2 genders

Luckily, science and human biology does not care about people’s feelings. You can live in your childish delusions all you want, but at the end of the day, you are either male or female. Period.

“But what about transgender individuals?”

This is how Social Justice Warriors usually reply. This one is always a fun one to deal with, because by implying that there are more than two genders because transgender people exist, they are pretty much admitting to themselves that they don’t think transwomen are “real women” or that transmen are “real men.” After all, if people are whatever gender they have transitioned to then how exactly does that break the “gender binary?” Whether you are one of those people who believe that people are whatever gender they transition into or you are one of those who think people are whatever they are born as and that changing your gender is impossible, the point still stands. At the end of the day, that person is still either male or female.

“But….But…….But gender is whatever you identify as!”

Nonsense. If gender is whatever you identify as, then gender is irrelevant and nonsensical. I am yet to hear a good reason why what someone “identifies as” is relevant or important in any way. In a debate about the existence of God, if a theist states that he identifies as God, does that mean he is God and God is now real? If a student identifies as a someone who graduated summa cum laude, is the university obligated to give him that honor? This type of thinking isn’t permitted in any other form of discourse, so why would we permit it here?

“Gender is a social construct.”

Incorrect. Gender is entirely biological and based on genetics. You might be thinking of “gender roles,” which are something completely different. If your counter argument here is to inform me that gender differs from sex, I don’t have to necessarily disagree with you to tell you why you’re wrong. Fair enough. Let’s say that the current definition proposed by certain social scientists is true and that “sex” is whatever is between your pants and “gender” is what is in your brain/what gender you feel like. At the end of the day, your genitals aren’t a social construct, and neither are your brain waves.

• You are wrong

If I say I'm a dragon, am I a dragon? No. Your opinion cannot change facts. If i say the sun is green, it doesn't make the sun green. Transgender is not a gender. If you are a man and then have surgery to become a woman, you are a woman. You are transgender, yes, but but that isn't your gender it's just a name for what you've done to change yourself.

• Gender does not differ from sex.

Gender has always been a synonym for sex. It's only recently that the debate on what the word means has begun. And you can't change the definition of words to suit your needs. It either means something or it doesn't by the laws of the language.

In addition to this, the concept that you can change your identity dependant on how you feel isn't just ridiculous, it's dangerous. Imagine a world where a sexual predator, for example, a 30-year-old man who has a particular interest in girls, has the right to enter woman's toilets and changing rooms, simply because he's feeling feminine on that day. It's dangerous.

Thirdly, to the 'neutral' to 'no' arguers who keep saying that it's none of our business because it doesn't affect us. That's all well and good until someone demands that we identify them as something they're not to respect their deluded sense of self-identification. So basically, it won't have any effect on us until they try to enforce their beliefs on us in the form of making us conform to their way of thinking... No. That is affecting us... And I think that most of us would be more accepting of that if you were open to debate, but for the people I mentioned above, that's not the case. It's their way or no way. And that is not a good way to earn a community respect in our world.

• The tale of darth palagueis

I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... The only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.

• Only two genders you safe space havin snowflakes

If you think that there are more than two genders then you are a special snowflake and probably belongs in a mental asylum to spend lots of time with their many genders. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . *drops mic*

• Well, seems like Biology had explained it.

Scientists had explained the difference between both genders since the Science of Biology was established, all cultures since the beginning of mankind had realized that there are in reality only two genders that achieve equilibrium in a functioning society.

A culture comprising of 100% males or 100% females won't thrive, but a culture comprising of 50/50 would be perfectly balanced.

Now both genders have specific traits and abilities that are unique to each gender, this also tackles the "Gender in-equality" debate as well.

As for trans-sexual people, they either migrate from male to female, or female to male, or intersex to male and finally intersex to female, thus not being a specific gender on its own.

As for intersex, intersex people are born with a rare deformity thus meaning that the gender "intersex" is rather an extremely rare mutation and an anomaly and shouldn't be considered a third option, they usually take therapy and migrate to either male or female depending on what genital features or hormone or body build they have at birth before transition.

Once more issue to tackle here is the supposed "Rift between gender and sex".

It is clear that males are designed specifically to be rough and "macho" if you say.

Their bodies are way bigger and stronger, and their mental resilience and stability is many folds higher than that of females.

Same goes for females, they are soft for a reason.
    Their smaller build and lighter muscles allow for finer and more coordinated movement to perform fine tasks that their brains are geared towards, like weaving and sewing as well as many fine crafts.

Their mental stability and resilience is weaker than men, but their soft and gentle mentality is required for raising their young and providing them with the gentle love of the mother, and the father gives them the rough boot camp care that achieves equilibrium with the gentle care of the mother to get them ready to face the outside world.

Mothers treat their kids in a gentle manner, they gently feed them and care for them when they're ill or injured, the father does the same and works along the mother and provides the strength required when defending them or bringing them resources.

Both genders/sexes have traits that aren't balanced, with them combined as parents their different traits together balance out and achieve the perfect equilibrium that the family needs.

• What is science what are facts

Look, gender IS directly related to sex.

The only reason I can see gender was ever even thought as something separate to sex was probably because of transgenderism, which of course involves, changing from ONE GENDER TO THE OTHER.
    I suppose you can say a transgender individual has become the other gender, but biologically speaking they have the same DNA.

All these other genders are just personalities given names. They are all based on the roles we see in the two genders.

And also, gender roles are NOT A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT, at least not entirely. Things like pink being a girls color sure, but there is a biological reason for most of the differences between male and female. Males are viewed as stronger because statistically the average male is stronger than the average female.

Even if gender is entirely a social construct, society as (nearly) a whole agrees there are 2 genders, so you still have one or the other gender in that social construct.
    By saying you are some other gender, all you have done is add more confusion to our society, you do not have to make up a new gender to act different from the norm.

If you go to the doctor, and he asks you if you are male or female, and you say like bigender or something, he is going to laugh at you. I'm sorry but only YOU care about your made up gender. You're allowed to have one, but you should not expect any recognition of it or to get it entered into legal status.

This is the first post I have actually made onto this site, so criticism for how I presented the argument is especially welcome.
    I am aware I basically just threw together some short paragraphs without a clear structure to it.

• There are as many genders, as there need be

I think the person on the "yes"-side of things, has been misinformed. Sex and gender are two different things. Sex is what genitalia you're born with - not how you feel, and is therefore objective. Gender is how you feel, gender is subjective.
    Agender/non-binary and bigender are all genders, to name a few. In case you don't know what they are, I'll explain it to you. If you're agender, you feel that you have no gender - that you're genderless. Bigender is when you fluctuate between genders. One day, you may be a boy and the next a girl.
    People used to say being gay, was a choice, and completely ruled out bisexuality and pansexuality. Now, we're accepting of it and know it's real. I feel that the same will happen with gender soon.

I, however, do not understand why this is a topic that needs to be discussed - even if you disagree with it. It should be no business of yours what people do and don't identify as.
    You create your own identity.
    Saying a person can't be bigender, agender or androgyne is like saying they can't like a certain genre of movies, or that they can't like a particular food. Just because you don't understand it, it doesn't mean it doesn't' exist.

Gender is subjective, and therefore there can be as many genders there need be, to make everyone feel comfortable in their own skin.

• It doesn't really matter.

Yeah, you're born as a boy or a girl, that's not what we're talking about. The truth is that there are multiple different genders. Ok? If there were 43527278 sexes, we would probably have a probablem. There are several genders, as in, trans-male, trans-female, hermaphrodite, and others. K? It's not the same as sexual preference which is gay, straight, bi, ace, and others. There aren't too many genders, but that doesn't mean that you can't be... A... Person with... Um... You know... Both. Your born one way, but later in your life you might want to be a X, so you'll get an operation to become an X, and no longer be a Y. It's complicated, and honestly, I think both sides can get WAY out of whack sometimes, so just don't be a douche. Respect people's opinions and feelings, and that should apply to both sides of the argument.

• There are more than 2 genders

Gender is defined by FAO as the relations between people, both perceptual and material. Gender is not determined biologically, as a result of sexual characteristics of either women or men, but is constructed socially. And we all know that there are no longer just men and women today. There are trans, lesbians, gays, bisexuals. They are still the same in terms of body structures, so many do not regard them as new people having genders other than 2 traditional ones. Plus, most people still cannot accept homosexual relationships, which is among the reasons why a big number of people do not accept other sexes.

Posted by: tran
  • In disagree lol

I have a penis and a vagina i have a penis and a vagina i have a penis and a vagina i have a penis and a vagina i have a penis and a vagina i have a penis and a vagina i have a penis and a vagina lol

• I am living proof there is more than two genders.

I'm genderfluid and my gender fluctuates. People are ignorant and afraid and that is the simple reason as to why the majority see such a beautiful, complex feature of the human mind to be fake. Do you have any idea how many fucking times I've been called the wrong pronouns or name and have to live in this body that isn't mine. I want a body that can change when I want it. Would you rather I lived the truth or died?? People of different genders outside of the gender binary receive so much hate when they just want a safe place to express themselves. EVEN AT SCHOOL, a safe place, supposedly, sticks with the gender binary. When a teacher tells all the boys to go on one side of the class and the girls on the other, where do I stand? Outside the fucking classroom.

• There are multiple genders

I sexually identify as an attack helicopter and if you can't believe me you can go suck an egg you heliphobe. My mother, Apache, is being oppressed by these people saying there are only 2 genders. I won't let you say I can't do the 'woo' thing, as I am surgically implanting rotors into my body soon, and you can' stop me.

• Well you see that the synonym to gender is sex

The definition of gender is the state of being male or female and it has a synony to the word gender and that is sex look it up it's true and stop luring to yourself
    I cannot believe In What you guys say until u show me proof of this concept

• Hella genders nigga

Aye leave these niggas alone shit Niggas A duck can be a gender i am classified as a potato so im straight and my gf is a sex machine thats a mf gender so shut yo ugly ass eat Mcdonalds all day having ass cause yall niggas dumb saying there is only 2 genders

• I only have 2 male genatelia

I have to X chromosomes and i call myself a binocorn. I feel like these people now adays are such ignerate conservitives that should be wearing a nazi arm band and should be linchd like a black people was in the civil war.I have a degree in lesbian boi and a masters in multi gender fluent studies and should be listend to all the time

• More than 2 genders

There are many other genders lets take transgender for example why would it have the word gender in it if it wasn't an actually gender and you also are not thinking about the aliens and shit they will come to earth blasting our ass we cant defend against that shit what if we said they didn't have a gender we would be fucked