• Science is neutral.

Like all things, knowledge is neutral. Neither good or evil. It depends on how you use it. If you use it to harvest organs or science experiments, it will be bad. If you use it to give infertile and gay couples biological children, it is good. A lot of the controversy is the assumption that all people are evil and will use it evilly. But honestly, that's stupid. If it happened the government would shut it down immediately. Do you really think that if it was used for wrong reasons it would be active for long?

• Yes it is good

It would be important to scientist that want to learn how to clone and get more research.Now the endangered animals dont need to die of there last kind.Also if humans are dieng of something theres also clones to help the lost to replace then and also you are very wrong

• Not humans, please.

I remember, at a very young age, being both creeped out by and fascinated by a short story - or maybe a novella, I can't exactly remember its size - about cloning. It was in Chinese and borrowed from a mobile library. It was the first time I had ever been exposed to the act of cloning, and found it fascinating that in a future world, we can have another one of ourselves. I remembered that all the main characters decided to clone themselves in the end, for some reason for the greater good I can no longer remember.

I was six then, though, and now I'm seventeen. I no longer support human cloning. Organs, sure, do it. It can save human lives, and if something can save human lives, I say go ahead. However, cloning humans will lead to a myriad familial problems. For instance, think about a son who goes ahead and clones himself. How will the father react to the clone? What is the relationship between the father and him? How should the clone identify himself? Will he be considered an inferior citizen for the rest of his life? These are important questions that will be raised when human cloning occurs, and many of them I believe we are not really in a position to answer.

• Though an interesting step in science, I believe it presents a danger to humanity against ever evolving diseases and viruses

Look at the animal Kingdom animals that clone themselves, share cloned DNA, thus if a species has the same genetic sequence, how could it possibly reorganize its genetic sequence in order to keep up with ever evolving diseases and viruses. Think of it like someone sticking with the same model of car, yes it may be great for a while, but eventually it will become obsolete compared to the makes and models that are innovating and improving. Recycling the same sequence of DNA, built the same way with no variation, leaves no room for improvement.