Humpty Dumpty: Is there a good lesson to be learned from the Humpty Dumpty story?

• Heights are dangerous

If you see a wall, or find yourself sitting on a wall that is so high that you might have a 'great fall' and damage yourself beyond repair, then you should get off the wall and not sit on that wall or any wall of a similar height again. Especially if you are an egg.

• Yes, there is an important lesson to be learned from the story of Humpty Dumpty.

Yes, there is an important lesson to be learned from the story of Humpty Dumpty, especially considered that Humpty Dumpty is often portrayed as being an egg. The moral of this story is that actions do matter, and that if a serious enough mistake is made, there may be no ability to fix it.

• Yes, there is a good lesson to be learned from Humpty Dumpty.

I believe the lesson we can learn from Humpty Dumpty's story is that we shouldn't put ourselves so high above the rest of our community, that when we do have a setback, it completely ruins us. Our community of family and friends is there to help us when we need it, however, if we act like we are bigger or better than they are, they are less likely to put us back together, so to say, when we run into hardships of our own.

• Yes, Humpty Dumpty is one of the best known nursery rhymes in the English language. I can still remember when I learned that Humpty was an egg. But only recently did I get a much better appreciation of the lesson contained in the rhyme.

All of our relationships are built on trust. When we violate that trust, it’s very difficult to restore it. When trust is broken, the relationship is damaged. There are no magic words or super glue that can repair a broken relationship. It takes time and a lot of effort. So what’s the lesson here? Relationships, like eggshells, are often fragile. They can break very easily. The best thing is to remember that “you can’t un-break an egg.” Guard and protect trust in your relationships. You build trust very slowly and it can be lost in an instant.

• No, not really.

No, there's no lesson here. It's just a silly story about an egg falling off the wall. I believe it has some loose ties to some historical event, if memory serves me right. But as a story, there's no real meaning here. What's the lesson ... don't sit on a wall, you might fall? No, I don't think so.