I challenge any theist or creationist w/e to provide me with a rational and logically sound + consistent reason to believe a god exists.

Asked by: PotatoJerry
  • Evolution didn't give me my half melted snickers

Evolution couldn't form a square house with a stick family in front of a white backdrop. It couldn't form a simple music score somewhere in space. Heck, making random sounds seems simple, but it couldn't chime out "Mary Had a Little Lamb" at least, somewhere? But it could form a human being with consciousness and an incredible mechanized body with many abilities, instincts, and self awareness? Not only did it miraculously form a complex humanoid ancestor that didn't need more than one parent, but it then formed 2 humanoid anscestors at some point who had different reproductove organs and systems, but it conveniently formed them at about the same time, and miraculously they found each other and decided to join reproductive parts, forming a new humanoid despite their ancestors only needing one and far enough back, NO parent to exist. It can do that, but can't at least form me a half melted Snickers bar! Get outta here!

• I believe in God, not with a blind mind, but with a very sound mind.

I have tried to see thing from those who believe in evolution to see how that theory will make sense to me. Frankly i give up trying, because i just cant see what it is that make sense to them. When today science still has no idea what life is. Science can only speculate about what condition this world was millions of years ago. And that's good. Science say that life began from a molecules that spontaneously arrive here on earth. And from it life begins. Still that does not answer where life began, it's only pushing that question father away. The theory of evolution does not answer how life began, it only pushed that question far away and people do no understand it.
    That the work of one tiny cell within our body for an example. Protein molecules are necessary for it to function. And that protein have over hundreds of amino acid, that are also strung together in a very specific sequence. Remember if one of those sequence are not perfect and i mean perfect your entire body will have some serious issues.
    Scientist have come to understand that the odds of that happening by random chance perfectly every single time with each and every billion of us human is EXTREMELY IMPROBABLE. WHY?
    Well since each functioning cell in your body needs thousand of different proteins, saying that it happen by chance is just being completely not sound. Because we already have billions of humans on this planet, and if evolution was indeed true, every humans DNA would develop differently every single time and we could end up with half a dog face cat leg or any kind of randomness your DNA is made of. But Clearly that is not the case, we see that every tiny cell in our body is given instructions, instruction science has no idea where it's coming from. How does the body knows how to grow inside our parents? Where does it get the information it needs to come together so perfectly? Science can not tell you any of this. Only the Bible. But most people do not want to accept this.

• I believe there is a God because the powers that be are so against the thought

Darwin once commented: "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest possible degree".

Also, the word claims "All things have been foretold". That's why some people know that the EU with 28 members will be reduced to 10. The United States of Europe (EU) will appear suddenly on the world stage. Which is the foretold the final rise of the Roman Empire controlled by Germany. The Roman Catholic Church will support this effort.

The king of the South (the combined Arab nations led by Iran) which is happening now will push against the The King of the north (The United States of Europe). The king of the north will attack the king of the south and wipe Islam from the face of the earth. But "Jordan' will survive.

Then The king of the north will go against the combined effort of Russia and China which are right now working together as seen in the news.

The United States and Great Britain will continue to weaken by corruption and moral decay. Both will eventually be occupied by there enemies.

There's tons more info. But be assured, "A storm is coming the likes no one has ever seen before.

• One wiccans way

God, outside of abrahamic religions is defined as: a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
    With superhuman meaning: having or showing exceptional ability or powers.

Instead of this being an entity in itself I believe this is simply a personification of energy. Energy has abilities that humans do not, it is literally power, energy is what everything in nature needs to survive on, what created us, what created the earth and what will destroy it.

We can manipulate energy and focus it for our needs, that is outside of other views of god, but does not make it invalid as deities go.

Personalities of gods and goddess come when energy is separated into feminine and masculine traits at require a specific focus of energy. I.E Athena would be the personification of wisdom and the energy behind creating and wielding it.

For this reason I am considered to have 0, 1, 2, 100+ deities. Depending on your definition it is a scientific definition of god.

• God made the universe...

Therefore, He made the governing laws of the universe. Saying anything else is completely unnecessary.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Squad Broken.

• You want a perfectly logical explanation? Fine, I'll give you one.

Science has yet to explain many things. Chief among these is how the universe was created. (For the sake of brevity I shall focus on the creation of the universe as my primary example for my reasoning.) Science's best explanation, as I understand it, is "There was a very tiny point in existence that somehow held all the matter in the universe, which then exploded for no discernible reason, expanding into the universe we see today." This explanation is lacking in many areas. Why was everything in one singularity? Why did it explode? If the whole universe is expanding in a sphere, then why isn't one half of our night sky empty, or at least far less populated with stars, due to the way that spheres expand? This story makes very little sense with all it's fallacies, and that's not its fault, it could very well be true, there are just many holes science has yet to cover.

Now let's look at religion's story: "There was a magical wizard who created everything." As atheists love to point out, this story makes very little sense. And they're right. However, given that I must choose between two similarly flawed stories, I find that it is more fun to believe that the wizard did it. If science ever conclusively answers all my questions, then fine, no god, but until then, I'll believe whatever the hell I want to.

• Even the big bang needed a cause

A mother and father produce a child. The parents are the cause of the child being in existence-being alive. But the parents' existence or being was dependent on the cause of there ancestors. Everything we know, everything we are discovering and everything we don't know has a beginning or a cause-things exist. By extension, to exist is to be alive. But how can everything that is caused or, is alive be dependent on something else that was caused?

A mother and father give life to a being through procreation. They 'gift' the child with life. Through procreation life is 'gifted' generation after generation. Parents are the CAUSE of the 'gift'. So essentially parents produce life. But the first life or the cause of the first life had to exist in order to pass it on to the 'first generation'.

That first life,the First Cause is what Christians call God.

• The Things That Move Around Us

Whatever is in motion depends upon the motion of another in order to move. For instance, the motion of a golf ball depends upon the swing of a golf club and wind speeds for its subsequent motions, etc. There cannot be an infinite series of moved movers because then, since an infinite series implies infinite motion for some one moved object that is moved in finite time, nothing would move. Therefore there must be some first mover that is either moved or unmoved, but since it is first it cannot be moved by something coming before it. Therefore, there must be some first unmoved mover.

There can only be one first unmoved mover because there must be something in each of the many things whereby one varies with the other. For instance, two blueberries are two and not one because of the differing place each occupies, or its differing size or shape or whatever. But the first unmoved mover does not have any parts or compositional structure whereby one piece or component could have distinguished it from another of its kind. The reason is that whatever has parts must depend upon the motion of its parts in order to move. For instance, a human being moves from one place to another thanks in part to the motion of its foot or what have you. But the first mover does not depend on anything in order to be moved. The same nondependability of motion also seems to apply for any kind of varying characteristics subject to local motion or another species of motion, like change in quantity or quality. Therefore the first mover lacks compositional structure whereby one is made different than the other in a multiplicity, but it wouldn't make sense to have more than one exact same thing with no distinguishing features whatsoever. Therefore, there can only be one first mover, or First Unmoved Mover.

The First Mover does not occupy a place because a thing's outermost bounds must be continuous or contiguous with its occupied place, but the First Mover has not outermost bounds because it is indivisible thanks to its partlessness. Therefore, the First Mover does not occupy a place.

The First Mover is intelligent because no mover that is intellectual is ever moved instrumentally by a mover without an intellect. For instance, hammers don't nail human beings to a wooden two by four but rather the other way around. But since the First Mover moves all things instrumentally as its principal agent, including intellectual movers, it can't be that the First Mover move without an intellect.

• No, Because I Bet You Don't Really Care

If you really want my explanation, then I will be happy to give you one via a private message, but it is my experience that DDO users who ask these types of questions typically don't really care about others' opinions. They just want to stir up the religious users, or mock them for their beliefs.

For this reason, I choose not to try and justify my personal belief to you, because no matter how clearly I explain my personal convictions, or experiences, or how logically I support the concept of the supernatural, you likely aren't really interested in an actual discussion about the possible existence of God. So even if I do present a perfectly reasonable argument for why I personally choose to believe in God, or even the concept of the supernatural, you will almost certainly dismiss my logical argument as nonsensical, or invalid, purely because you refuse to accept my logic. Part of this is probably because you and I have a different definition of believe. You say "believe" when I think you really mean "know." I say "believe," meaning "think."

There is no concrete scientific methodological evidence to explicitly prove that God exists. I accept that. But there is also no explicit scientific proof that he does not exist. There are many aspects of our universe and quite possibly other universes, that exist, regardless of lack of scientific explanation. Why can't God be one of them?