I feel like The Bible is very offensive ; what do you guys think?

Asked by: KreyolDebater
  • I believe The Bible is very offensive

I believe many things that are taught in Christian churches are very offensive. Priest talk about how God gave us a free will but God has told us not to do certain sins in which many are incapable of not doing even if we are capable of controlling ourselves it is not free will. I feel like The Bible is too much for me to handle and I get very upset just by hearing the word "bible" , "Christianity" or just by seeing The Bible. Many verses express the exact opposite of what Christians try to teach and what God supposedly wants us to live our life and or believe , like this Bible verse: Exodus 22:18: "Do not allow a sorceress to live.". Why would you say " do not allow a sorceress to live" if murder is against the Bible? Or in 1 Peter 2:18: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel." ; this is basically saying that all slaves must respect their masters no matter how evil or cruel they are (to them) , isn't The Bible supposed to promote non evil, why would something like this be put into The Bible? It's ridiculous and I know that I am not the only one offended by this material. I feel like if Christianity identified itself as an evil religion then it would be less of a big deal but Christianity identifies itself as "The best religion" , "The purest religion of them all" , "The religion of peace and discipline". Someone please share their perspective and prove to me that I have the right to be offended

• The Bible is sexist

The Bible is offemsive. It used to be racist, but has since reformed thanks to some great Christians. That said, it’s sexist elements have still not been taken out in most bibles. A lot of things in the Bible view women as property and objects to men, and though some versions have changed that, the majority haven’t.

• Just a book.

It's a book about how people thought and believed over 2,000 years ago. Sure, things like sexism and slavery are offensive to modern society but back then, these were normal facts of life. What the bible was intended to do was to encourage people to do good and not evil. Is that offensive?

• If you find it offensive don't read it

If your parents want you to be that religion they stick with it until you are old enough to choose what type of religion you want to follow (or if you choose to believe in science) if it bothers you no body is forcing you to read it as an adult you can choose to read it or not by then it will be your will but if you are still a child you have to obey your parents

• It depends on how you take it

I feel that often, people take verses from different holy books (the Bible, the Koran, etc.) and walk around with them memorized to prove that religion is evil. The problem is that they take everything out of context and make it seem like these books are telling people to commit horrendous acts. What is also unfortunate is those of us Christians who go around acting like we are the perfect religion and all others are fake. I find this to be an absurd thing to say and frankly, I don't even think it is true. It's just sad that Christians with the wrong idea are driving people away from the religion.