I have a theory. If a piece of art has an artist, then is it possible that we created God? (Not trying to sound blasphemous)

Asked by: DarkShadowMaster
  • It is entirely possible that man created God.

If it is just stunningly impossible that humans invented God, then why was there no such notion of him a couple billion years ago? If God is real, then I shall indeed be very impressed by our ability to not know about him for several million years and then suddenly discover his presence six thousand years ago.

• Yes, in the beginning man created god.

Normally, you hear this argument, the art has an artist, as an argument for creation of the universe by a creator, god. I like how it's been turned around to show creationists that if we're to use the "art had an artist" reasoning, then the imagination (god) must have an imaginer.

• It is the solution for which there is a better argument.

It is entirely possible that man created god. In fact, it's the most logical argument. Man creates fiction and abstract ideas all of the time. I don't see how people like Fsocial can logically conclude that complexity doesn't come from chaos. If you believe in an omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, omnibenevolent god, then you must also realize that he must himself be a very complex being. If the complexity of the universe can't arise from nothing (or otherwise always existed), how then can the complexity of god arise from nowhere (or always exist)?

• Did Frankenstein's monster create itself?

NO by your reasoning it could be stated just as easily that the creator (artist) must have had a creator to instill the ability to create. Was not the brain which conceived of the art and the faculties employed (mind) to create it, itself created, designed or made by something? We may not know fore sure what or who the firs mover or cause it but we can deduce that most certainly there was a first cause.

• Man is God's art.

This theory can be applied either way, just like so many things. While it's true that many view God as a creation of man, so too do many see themselves as God's creations. I align with the latter, but hold no ill will for those who would side with the former, I would much rather be a beacon of my faith than a dictator of it.

• No, let me reason with you

To assume we created God (for sake of ease we wont put a name on God) , is to assume we also created the desire to worship the God. This means we evolved with a false desire which does not remotely make sense. Let me give a few examples to why this does not make sense.

Your average Male has a desire for sex. Does Sex Exist? Yes, otherwise the desire is meaningless and we would not evolve a meaningless desire.

A Duck desires water to float around on. Does Water exist? Yes, otherwise the desire is meaningless and the duck would not evolve a meaningless desire.

Man does not develop false desires for a false thing because it would be a complete waste of time and energy. So it if very unlikely that man thought up God.

• No, and let me reason why

Man does not develop false desires because they would be a complete waste of time and energy.

• No, this is not even open to debate.

God is the artist, we are the art. A piece of art cannot make its painter.
    1) Humans make mistakes
    Every person has mistakes in their plans. Napoleon, the great general, was eventually overthrown. In the first Battle of Bull Run, the North lost. In the second, the South lost. The British lost the Revolutionary War. Therefore, how could imperfect humans create a perfect and flawless God?
    2) The Complexity of God
    God created the cell and all of its parts. Then, He created bacteria and other single cellular organisms. Then, he created light, land, oceans, trees, plants, the sun, moon, and stars, and the whole universe. Then, He created animals, and most importantly, humans.
    3) The Power of God
    God created all of the things stated above by merely speaking. He let a donkey talk. He parted a mile deep river into dry ground. He caused a man's disease to heal through figs. He rose from the grave after His humanly mission was complete. How could we create that?
    4) The Deity of God
    God is real. He is not a figment of our imagination. He is a real entity. He is mercifully letting you breath or bringing your(His) breath and you back to Him. He is God. It cannot be any simpler.

• We don't know.

Since there is no solid evidence to support the existence of God , I can understand why one might be agnostic. Therefore , people argue that man created 'God' as a consolation for the inability to answer the question "How?" ,and more importantly, "Why?" . But I ask this: Can something as complex as the universe create itself? I believe not . Complexity cannot be the result of chaos. We are the art , not the artists . That statement surely is true