ID checks for gun sales: Should ID checks be mandatory for gun sales?

• ID checks should be mandatory.

Of course ID checks should be mandatory for all gun sales. It is important to the safety of the public that everyone who is trying to purchase a gun be checked for a criminal record. If there are not ID checks for gun sales, then dangerous people can get ahold of weapons.

• Guns should always be subject to verification

Imagine how many more mass shooting we would have without background checks? Tens of thousands of background checks are failed each year. While some individuals will find a way to get a weapon for nefarious purposes, a vast majority of those buying guns for the wrong reasons, may go home and reconsider what they're thinking.

• God Damn Rucoon

You're a god dang done moron if you think that we should have to show ID's to get guns. Just the other day I was fuckin my wife who is also my sister and a god damn ruccoon broke in and started scrachtin up my fuckin bare ass so you bet your sweet left tooth that I picked up my double barrel and blasted that god damn rucoon into its own ass and by golly if i wouldve neded my ID to buy that shotgun then I wouldn't have it cause I lost it while milkin my cew.

• ID checks should not be mandatory

Created under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993 and implemented in 1998, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System allows licensed gun sellers to check with the FBI, before making a sale. According to abc news, there are few prosecutions of denied gun buyers. Also according to abc news, background checks are an invasion of privacy. Records are not disposed of after a certain period of time, meaning that they could be used for other things besides checking your background for a gun purchase. Selling a gun to a certain individual with a background check is not a reliable way to determine if they will use it responsibly because this could be their first offense. Also the NICS, the background check system, is not fully funded.

• ID Checks Should Not Be Mandatory, They Do Nearly Nothing To Prevent Illegal Purchases.

• ID Checks should not be mandatory as they have done nearly nothing to prevent illegal gun purchases.