If a guy dates a pre-op FEMALE-to-male transsexual is he straight?

Asked by: MasturDbtor
  • "If a guy is attracted to a female, is he straight?"

I'm using the gender identity specifically in the headline rather than the biological sex. Dating a pre-op FTM as a male isn't homosexual; it's rather self-explanatory. The male is attracted to someone who espouses feminine qualities, while knowing they will be female in the future. Ignoring the current state of biological sex with the knowledge of the future state of biological sex doesn't take homosexuality/bisexuality as much as it takes foresight and tolerance.

Interestingly, at the same time, a female could be attracted to a pre-op FTM and also be heterosexual, by being attracted to the current state's masculine qualities and not the future state's biological sex. Might be a bit iffy, though. Just a small tangent for food for thought.

• I would say yes..

If the person is a pre-op female to male transsexual, then that person is still physically female, therefore that guy would be attracted to that person's feminine physical form, assuming they have one naturally as they are born biologically female. There are plenty of straight men who have dated or even married female to male trans individuals before they even knew their partner was trans. They are still straight because they are still attracted to that person as a woman, not a man. I know this is complicated but you have to think about it.

• Any orientation has exceptions to it.

I've met several people who identify as straight, but are attracted to people of the same gender. Everyone's a little queer, but every case is different as well. For this specific example, since the trans guy is pre-op, we have to wonder if he's on testosterone/T or not, and if he's on T, then he'll have more masculine features. If the "straight" identified male is attracted to that masculinity, he's a bit queer, and you know what, that doesn't make him any less straight. But there are straight-identifying men who found pre-T trans men attractive, but when the trans guys' essential femininity faded away with hormones, so did the attraction to the trans guy. Really, every dude is different, whether he be cis or trans, and labels like "straight" are just encompassing umbrellas on a broad spectrum of sexuality. Someone can still be straight but date someone of their same gender or even sex. Labels don't define you. You just pick whatever labels you relate to and roll with it. I feel like this question is really asking something more like "if a guy dates a dude with a vagina, is he straight?" and you know what, it really depends on why he's dating "the dude with a vagina" to begin with that determines whether or not he's straight. If he's dating the trans man solely for the fact the FTM guy still HAS a vagina, then he probably never saw the person he was dating as a dude to begin with.

• Considering the fluidity of gender

As we see gender too be more fluid. If there is a feminine aspect to this ftm individual that attracts that man. He is most likely straight. Even if the ftm individual personally identifies as male, if the straight man's initial reaction was to be attracted to the ftm individual as a female(because of ignorance or whatever) then they are still straight and the fact that their attraction doesn't disappear upon their hearing that the other person identifies as male shouldn't mean they are not straight. Really it depends on what aspects of the individual you are attracted to in the gender spectrum

• Yes and No

If his partner is exhibiting feminine features and that is what he is attracted to, then he is inherently straight. However this does not mean that homosexuality is not involved in the relationship, since his FtM partner identifies as a male himself, and is therefore homosexual. Genitalia plays no role in this situation.

• He is 100% straight

I believe he is straight because, if I'm correct, pre-op means before chest surgery, and for some people, it means before testosterone shots as well as chest surgery. So, if it's before all that, then he's basically having sex with a dyke/butch lesbian, which is still a woman. If they were biologically (what you looked like when you were born, not what you think you were) female and looked feminine to the person, I think he would be considered straight. That's my opinion, though. If you have a different opinion, act on your opinions, as long as you don't harm anyone.

• If they haven't started hormones.

If they haven't physically started changing then the guy is straight as chemicals produced by a female body is what is attracting him. It's sexual attraction (a person's perceived sex) not genderal attraction.
    Im ftm so don't hate on me. Lol
    If they already look like a male than obviously the guy is gay

• A hypothetical here...

Imagine this scenario: A person is a Gay preop Female-to-male transgendered male femme without an intention of going through the operation. Thinking about what that actually means is a biological female who imagines themselves to be a man trapped in a woman's body, who is attracted to men and is feminine, but with no intention of going through surgery to change their genitalia. For all intents and purposes "she" is a straight woman anywhere else but in her mind.

• I had to

Read this question about ten times to fully get my head around it lol. This is a tricky one due to everyone being different, different circumstances etc. I believe that the male in this scenario would either be straight, bi or pan if he believes that the female to male transsexual is a female, before the operation. He believes he is dating a female, therefore is attracted to a female in his eyes.

• He's still gay or at least bi

He's dating someone whose body is generally male. Granted someone could care predominantly about the genitalia in their identity as heterosexual and so date born women and female-to-male transsexuals. But generally I'd expect the guy to be gay or at least bi.

I asked this question because people often say if a straight guy dates a male-to-female transsexual then he's gay (especially if she's preop i.e. still has a penis). Based on that logic a guy dating a preop female-to-male transsexual would be straight or at least have to be bisexual and couldn't be completely gay.

• Pre-op doesn't matter

Whether it's pre or post-op, it doesn't matter. Given you said "pre-op" i'll assume that there will be a post-op; he won't be straight by any standards because biologically the F2M person will be a male and mentally as well. Given that they would be dating, that would mean he likes a guy. He's not straight but it doesn't mean he's necessarily gay; it just means he's somewhere in between the spectrum of sexuality.

• No stop making excuses

Now if the guy didn't know that person was a man but later finds out and stops being attracted to him then he is straight. But if I knew but continues to date and be sexually attracted to him then yes he is a homosexual or is a closet case in denial making up excuses.

• No! It does not!

A man can date a woman and still be bisexual, pansexual, polysexual, or even asexual. But, a man and a trans* woman in a relationship is a heterosexual relationship. However, that does not mean that both of them are heterosexual. But if the someone identifies as heterosexual and dates someone who identifies as the opposite gender, they are still heterosexual!

~M

• No. Transgender or Cisgender, still the gender you identify with

It's about the mind not the parts a person is born with. Just because someone's Gentiles don't match how they identify, doesn't make them any less of their gender. Trans men are still men. If you are straight or gay/lesbian and the person you are dating has the same genitalia as you or as you are interested in but do not identify the same as their original sex, that doesn't make them any less of a person

• Man dating a man

This is simple. Trans men are men, regardless of what anatomy they're currently working with. A man who's into men is not straight- maybe heteroflexible, bi, pan, but not completely straight. A man who focuses on his trans boyfriend's "femininity" as an excuse for still passing as straight is not seeing him as who he truly is.

• Man dating a man

• I am starting a relationship with a FtM

I am bisexual. Gonna be dating a FtM and they like to me call them using male terms.They are in the starting stages of changing. They had a hysterectomy. I think of them as a man cause that's who they are and I respect them. I am clearly in a homsexual relationship.

• Feminine qualities matter most

With a pre op FTM. They still have their boobs, vagina, and smooth skin. I as a straight guy always found women with a masculine vibe attractive. For me the transformative process is such a turn on until the body hair kicks in and the boobs go. For now I'm just experimenting and having fun.