If a marriage was legal in worldwide, would you be affected?

• If a marriage was legal in worldwide, I would be affected

If marriage was legal worldwide, I would be affected. This is because of the fact that I someday plan to marry my girlfriend. If I did not have the option to legally marry my girlfriend this would be a sad situation. People should be able to marry whoever they want.

• If a marriage was legal in worldwide, I would you be affected.

If a marriage was legal in worldwide, I would you be affected. This is because it would provide me with the ability to marry anyone I chose and not have to worry about the social ridicule of the situation. If we start opening our minds and eyes about the issues around us then the world could be a better place.

• Yes, as I am married.

I am having a bit of trouble understanding the phrasing of the question, but will try to answer. Here in the United States, each state has its own laws regarding gay marriage. Unfortunately, that means that a gay couple who married in one state has no rights in another state. I do not know how it coordinates worldwide, but it seems to me that if a person was legally married then that marriage should be legal and accepted where ever they choose to travel or move to. It would not make sense that I, as a married woman, could move to France to find that my marriage is not legal there.

• No, that is no different than my life now.

No, if marriage was legal worldwide, I would not be affected, because my life is not different with or without worldwide legal marriages. I do not plan on being in any country for the rest of my life where my marriage would not be considered legal. So I do not think that I would be affected.

• This is nonsensical

This question makes little sense, since marriage, in some form, is recognized throughout most of the world - if not in a code of law then through religious ceremonies or common law. In effect, according to the modern idea of a nation state, marriage is already legal in the entire world, with customs differing.

• I don't understand the question

I am guessing there may be a missing component to this one?! Normally I'd say that whether or not marriage was legal on a worldwide basis wouldn't affect most people. It might if travelling between countries with one's spouse required some kind of documentation state permission. It might affect same-sex marriages, but for the most part, when travelling, couples are not required to prove their marital status.

• I would not be affected

Marriage is a very personal relationship between two people. That relationships cannot have any significant affect on other people. Marriage should be allowed for anyone as long as they are consenting adults. I believe that gay people should have the right to marriage and possibly even Poly relationships. The legalities would be difficult, but the relationship is their own.