If a stranger killed someone you loved, would you forgive them?

Asked by: Rubydarksoul
  • No, they just took away something important from my life

IF someone killed someone that i loved than you cant just forgive them, if someone went and killed your brother for no reason you wouldnt tell them its okay. Something like this cant be forgiven, The people you love are normally there for you and keep you company and are nice to you but if you had no one like hat anymore than you would have a horrible life caused by the murderer

• Justice Enforced, but Still Forgive.

Of course I would see the murderer go to jail. Who wouldn't? Who in their right mind would excuse an act like that? However, just because I want to see justice, doesn't mean that I can't forgive them. Forgiveness is setting the prisoner free and realizing the prisoner was you. You don't need to break them out of prison, but you can surely forgive them.

• Yes I will forgive them

I will forgive them because I won't be mad a them for the rest of my life. And forgiving them will be great for your soul. Also, if you don't forgive that person then you are doing something very wrong. It says to forgive in The Our Father. Thank you.

• Forgiveness is not for Them

Forgiveness is for one's self. The only way to heal is to forgive. The only way to prevent things like that from happening again is to forgive. Revenge only causes more pain, to yourself and to others, and it does not solve the true issue at hand.
    One must try to identify the cause of this action, why it occurred, and how to prevent it in the future. If one is vindictive, one does not strive to resolve, one blames. Blame is a dead end. Resolution is a continuous path to improvement.

• YES, cause that's what my loved one would want me to do

I would forgive them cause everyone makes mistakes, even if it is not a mistake them I will still forgive them because I too would want to be forgiven for killing someone. I would forgive them cause I care for everyone, for every living creature. I wont forget what they have done, and how evil it was but I will always forgive them cause they are just like me, they are human, they have a life and we all make mistakes, this is my answer and I will always stick to it and will never change it, like the saying "So you killed someone, But since you ask for forgiveness, you too will go to heaven" I believe in this because I know how it must feel to be scared, to not be forgiven. This is my answer:)

• Hgiughughrughruhrughughughg ghguhguhg guhgu

D d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d

• No. I'd kill them.

They killed my mum; my father; and my sister. I will never forgive them and I will hunt them down, even if i have to cross the entire world to find then. They will be found in a basement in the outskirts of Milwaukee, with thirty stab wounds in their chest. Bill Cosby.

• Not if intentional.

If it was accidental, then I'll reluctantly agree, but of course nobody would forgive the killers if it's intentional. Those who do, in my opinion, just want to be seen as 'really moral' or something like that. Never will a society flourish on pure forgiveness- the killers would just say 'I'm sorry, please forgive me,' until the next time they're pissed and kill another person, then beg for forgiveness again. Justice is one thing, forgiveness is another.

Posted by: Jedd
  • No.They are dead to me

Why would I forgive anyone who killed someone I knew? If you would forgive them you are crazy. I mean what if they killed your mom what would you do then say oh that's ok I forgive you well that's not me never in a million years not ever. Peace

• No way jose!!

If some random stranger were to kill a loved one, I would not forgive them. They are removing someone important from my life, and that is an action that cannot be forgiven. How would you feel if you were walking down the street with your friend Bob (he must be named Bob) and then BANG! He's dead. That's what I thought.

• Depends on the Person...

In my honest opinion, I believe that anyone who murders anyone should have some form of punishment acted upon them. However, if the cause was genuinely accidental, then a full fledged investigation should be inducted in the murderer. If he/she have shown signs of a mentality disorder, then the blame should be given on someone else (ex. Guardian who didn't restrain the persons). There should always be someone to blame.

• This is a stupid question

If someone killed a friend or family member on purpose, I will not take the time to forgive them. Say I brutally murdered your wife, and then mutilated her body, would you say "Oh it's alright, I forgive you."? No, you wouldn't. It's like marrying a person who raped you.

• My family is mine

YOU KILLED MY FAMILY, YOU WILL GO TO JAIL AND PAY WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!! I will Hunt you down if you escape from jail and kill you mercilessly!!! YOU WILL PAY, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU. GO TO HELL!!! YOU ARE A MURDERER JERK GO DIE DIE DIE!!!!

• My family is mine

• My family is mine

• My family is mine

Galacticat says2016-02-16T21:10:32.477
Not sure. I'd forgive them I think. But I don't know for sure.