If a women who is in better physical shape than you attacks you can you (as a man) hit back in self defense?

Asked by: ChopperTom
  • Self defense is a natural, unalienable human right, regardless of gender, race, etc.

Enough said. That's right. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

• Even if she's not in better shape

If you're in danger you can do whatever you want, no matter who it is. Although if they're stronger than you there's a good chance you will not accomplish much, and might make them want to hit you more... Which would not be great. So to sum up yes; as long as you don't shoot first

• Gender is irrelevant.

Think of it this way. A person (who is physically stronger, but that isn't important either) is attacking another person. It is allowed, in the eyes of the law, to defend yourself from a physical attack with a physical defence. Just like a verbal attack with a verbal defence. If the person is threatening your life, you won't get charged with murder if it's self defence. If it was the other way round (a man attacking a woman) it is most definitely socially acceptable to defend yourself, it's even more likely it will be seen as self defence if you killed them in that situation! Genders do not play a role in this, if a person attacks another person, they can defend themselves.

• Self defense. Period.

Pun intended. You can hit anyone in self defense especially if they are violently attacking you and especially if they are stronger than you. Man, women, black, white, Asian ect. You have a right to defend your self from violent people. It's better to hit a thug than have them hurt you.

• Oh my god,just no.

I see so much brain washing by the patriarchy here.Men are meant to be the breadwinners and the sub-servient.I'm just gonna move to sweden where rape laws are more fair.So what if a woman stronger than u hits u.You deserve it for being part of the patriarchy.So what if you get injured?You are a man and men aren't supposed to be wimps.Anyway,that woman is just a strong,independent woman and she deserves to hit the breath out of you.

• Oh my god,just no.

• In general, no.

Firstly, I will point out that if she is stronger than I am and I hit back, I will likely lose the fight and get hurt even more, so I don't see how that is a viable choice. I am sure there are many girls stronger than me (as I'm quite a weakling, as I am willing to admit) and I would prefer not getting in fights with them. With that said, I think most girls run slower than I do, so escape would be the best option in my opinion.

If the man is confident that hitting back in self-defence will really help and does not hurt the woman too badly, then it should be allowed, since the man is only hitting because of the exigence of circumstances. I would likely not do it, though.