If all four Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists (original, GX, 5DS, and Zexal) were female, would that affect the plot and would you want a female protagonist?

Asked by: PeriodicPatriot
  • Changing genders of the protagonist, for me, changes the dynamics.

Ignoring character traits/personalities, for me it would just be awkward if it was a female. I would not enjoy myself, I would just stare at the tv... And that sucks the fun out of the show. For me, Yugioh is happy time where I daydream. Currently, I am a female highschool student. I deal with girls everyday. I do not wanna deal with more. Perhaps it's because of everything I know they do and say... But it would wreck the show for me. I couldn't make myself watch it without getting upset. It's not male=strong and female=weak, it's that the show would alienate me. If you don't care if the protagonist is male or female, why the hell are you asking for a female?

• Changing the main Protagonists would affect the plot. I would not want a female main protagonist.

Changing the main protagonists into the opposing gender would completely change the anime because they may have a flaw that the other wouldn't have. Example, if Jaden were a female, she wouldn't eat as rapidly as the guy Jaden would nor would she show complete cluelessness. I would not want a main character as the main protagonists because the protagonists must find someone that they love with their heart whether it's a boyfriend/girlfriend situation or a family (Family including friends)member that they must save or change their heart. Example, in Yu-gi-oh the original series, in season 0, Yugi clearly stated that Anzu, A.K.A. Tea', was cute and his signs of affection grew for her. Anzu also dueled Mai just to cheer up Yugi-sama. Basically, ,y main point here is that they protagonist should be a male because than the male could find someone that they love without making the anime awkward. No I am not sexist for I am a female but still do I believe that the male should be a main protagonist in this anime.

• Nah i dont think so

I think it could affect the plot based on partial bias someone may hold but if the characters are similar (or the same) it really shouldnt make a big deal. A characters gender is just part of the character and it really shouldnt affect the story in general. Theres good shows with female protagonists so if one believes it cant be done then theyre just being silly in my opinion. Now, i would like a female protagonist just because it'd be cool to see what they could come up with it. I hope they do one soon honestly.

• The plot would not change if you change the Protagnist's gender. I would love to see a female Protagnist.

I am just going to use the examples the other person used plus a few more. First wat does flaw have to do with gender? You can be male or female and have the same flaw. So with Judai(Jaden) if he were female he would eat just as fast, obviously you haven't wanted anime before because there are plenty of female characters who eat like Judai or even faster and more then him, it all depends on a person's metabolism not gender. Wow cluelessness? Really? Girls can be clueless I have a friend who is as clueless as Judai maybe even worse, not every girl is smart and knows everything. Um really? Finding someone they love? That's not what the show is about, it's about friendship not love. For crying out loud fans ship characters of the same gender that they find is hinted in the show. Either way a girl can find love and have a loved one to fight for. Yes in season 0 Yugi loved Anzu(Tea), he also did in the manga. As for the Anzu's duel with Mai, season 0 wasn't even connected to Duel Monsters, I mean yea it was in the manga but the duel between Anzu and Mai didn't even happen basically Mai told Yugi to man up and also that she wanted to be accepted as one of there friends. The duel between Mai and Anzu was purely out of friendship not love. How would the female make the anime awkward with love? A female can love someone and not be awkward about it I don't know where that came from. Now obviously this wasn't made when Arc-V was but my post was made when it was so I would like to add it. In Arc-V there is the character Yuzu now she isn't the protagonist, she plays a similar role to Anzu or Asuka(Alexis), but I feel she kind of shows how it would be if there was a female protagonist. Yes she was annoying with the whole Yuto thing but she does get better and realizes how that effected her and the people around her and tries her best to fix it and does. She is more involved in the main plot so far the the protagonist Yuya but I am sure that will change. I am also a female and I am not sexist I am saying men and women are equal. Females kick ass just as much as males so don't rule them out. A female protagonist would be great for Yu-gi-oh! In my opinion.

KassandraStark says2016-02-22T15:55:00.317
Wow, interesting how extremely sexist the two yes comments from woman are (well, at least they say they are). "I deal with girls every day, so I don't want to deal with them outside highschool". That sounds like generalizing woman to the top, which sounds like selfhatred. Woman are as diverse as man, saying that a female would wreck the show is the same as saying that a black would wreck a show or someone with glasses. It's discrimination, nothing less.

Regarding HL0400
"if Jaden were a female, she wouldn't eat as rapidly as the guy Jaden"
Woman can eat as same as rapidly as guys, especially if they are fictious.

"nor would she show complete cluelessness."
Woman can show as much complete cluelessness as guys and it's a common trait in anime.

"I would not want a main character as the main protagonists because the protagonists must find someone that they love with their heart"
No, they don't have to find a love interest. And even if they find one, there is not even a difference. It doesn't matter if the main is female and the love interest is male or if the main is male and the love interest is female, it's the same result.

"No I am not sexist for I am a female but still do I believe that the male should be a main protagonist in this anime."
Of course you're sexist if you think the gender is so important, that a female can't be a main protagonist. It doesn't matter if you're female, if you can't stand a female and think less of females, you're sexist.