If Calvin Johnson does retire this year, is he a HOFer?

Asked by: FlamboGus
  • Hes the g.O.A.T.

Lions suck but he made them decent. These are more words to support my argument. Football football football. Calvin Johnson is good and there is no logical reasoning to say otherwise. Flambo Gus is an idiot. He said that Calvin Falls short? The only thing that falls short is your dick

• Hes the g.O.A.T.

• Quitters never win.

Calvin Johnson is undoubtedly one of the most talented WRs in the history of the game. However, calling it a career at 31, he's leaving a lot of productivity on the shelf.

At 731 career receptions, Johnson is 43rd all time and smack dab in the middle of Santana Moss (732) and Marques Colston (711). His 83 touchdowns are good for 22nd all time, but he's just four ahead of Brandon Marshall (and 15 behind Larry Fitzgerald) which serves to show how the passing game has flourished during his playing years.

When you add in the fact that all of his statistical dominance never had a significant impact on the team's wins, I think Johnson falls short.