If Christians are against abortion because the Bible condemns murder, why are they against homosexuals when Jesus said "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Asked by: johnson_16
  • A very good question my good sir.

First it is true that we are against abortion. Second we are not against the homosexuals. We are against homosexuality.... Big difference. We love Gay people as fellow human beings in need of Jesus Christ. We tell them that homosexuality is wrong because we love them. How many of you would tell a teenager to not do drugs because it's bad for them. They think your being strict and mean but your just doing it because you love them. In this way Christians do the same. You've also probably met so called "christians" who hate gays, in which case I would doubt if they were christians in the first place. Thank you and God bless.

• Against abortion and against Homosexuality, but ...

First, you question is not a "yes-no" question, so, not sure where should I post my answer.
    Christians are against abortion, we agree there. Not only is murder but the bible is very specific and even talks about life before birth.
    Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

About homosexual people. We are not against them, we are against homosexuality. We hate sin, not sinners. I have met gay people and my first thought was not stone them or attack them, because, as God says, "love thy neighbor as thyself.

Romans 1:26-27
    For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet

"Christians" attacking, discriminating or hating gay people, are not real Christians. Of course, we will tell gay people that what they are doing is wrong and against God's plan, they need to be saved as everybody else.

• Christians, at least Catholics, are not against homosexuals

Catholics are called to love everybody

We are against homosexual sex and marriage for the following
    Sex: Sex is to be used for the creation of life, and no other reason. Two homosexuals cannot create life. This is the same reason why the church is against contraception.

Marriage: There are four essential elements of a Christian marriage

1. Unity
    2. Indissolubility
    3. Openness to offspring
    4. Commitment to the spouses welfare

"If one or two spouses deliberately excludes one of the four points listed above at the time of their wedding, the Sacrament of matrimony does not take place" -Official Youth Catechism Of The Roman Catholic Church

Because two men or two women cannot create life, they cannot form a marriage

That being said, it is perfectly fine to be a homosexual, and be attracted to people of the same sex

Provided you avoid things related to the two problems listed above you are not sinning in any way shape or form

• I Really Don't Care

Personally, I don't care if you are a homosexual. Yes, the bible says it's wrong, but the bible is more an instructional manual for the things Christians SHOULDN'T do. If you're not a Christian I DON'T CARE! That being said, I am bothered by homosexual people who then claim to be Christians, but that also goes for people who are Christians and steal, or are politicians, or who cheat, or basically any of the other commandments. People, maybe even Christians especially, need to realize that all the commandments are EQUAL. Homosexuality is not any worse than the others.

Jellon says2014-09-21T16:10:28.047
The poll is poorly worded. I don't understand what "yes" and "no" represent.
LogicalLunatic says2014-09-21T17:30:19.520
The Bible does indeed say that. However, the Bible does NOT say to love your neighbor's sin.