If Earth was dying and we found a habitable world, should we occupy it? Even if it was inhabited by intelligent life?

Asked by: ladiesman
  • Survival Is Key

It's more important for humans to survive than another race. Don't always think about others, and think about yourself. Be an Objectivist, or at least rational self-interest. You have to protect yourself first, and then others second. It's nature. If the intelligent life cannot protect themselves, another one will take its place.

• We are also intelligent species

I believe if Earth was dying and we found another habitable world we should definitely move there because we are unique and complex species ourselves an it would be pity and a great tragedy for humans to disappear. HOWEVER the word "occupy" sounds a bit violent and unsuitable I think. There is no need to "occupy" another world by force. I believe it would be much better and wiser to try our best to cohabit with those intelligent species and learn more about each other and about our universe.

• Ends don't justify the means

For us to sacrifice another race so that ours may survive would make us no better than the hostile aliens we see in popular culture. If humans want to present themselves as knowing right from wrong, then show it. We must be respectful of all lifeforms we encounter. We can coexist.

Webb says2018-04-13T05:50:38.687
How I Got My Ex Husband Back........... I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. One day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address joylovespell@gmail.Com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. I believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. Because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Joy. His email: joylovespell@gmail.Com OR.His WhatsApp Number:+2348100452479.