If God gave you an order or ethical statement that you disagreed with, would you challenge it?

Asked by: ladiesman
  • That's what happen to lucifer

Why the hell would you let someone tell you what to do that you disagree with. The same thing happened to lucifer he was a angel and he disagreed with god and rebeled and got turned to a demon with the rest of his supporters. In the end it's are you a man or are you a coward scared by others

• Exercise your free will

If your instinct tells you that something seems immoral, you should follow it, regardless of what authority says. Doing the right thing is more important than following orders. If God said to me, "Change your opinion on same-sex marriage; marriage is only between a man and a woman", I would stand up for what I believe in.

• Lets look at this in a logical manner

First, I am going to assume that the poster means the God of the Bible. If it was the one true God, then you would be a fool to oppose him. God, by his very definition, is the author of all that is good. He created good. He is the judge of our souls, as well as the creator.

To "ladiesman": free will itself was given to us by God. While he has given you the power to oppose him, it would not work to your benefit. You would very much be in the wrong.

To "Zabuza": I honestly can't tell whether you are trying to mess around or if you are just unintelligent. Lucifer disagreed with God by trying to place himself above God, the creator of all. This is very similar to play-doh standing up and rebelling against a man. Except in the case of Lucifer, he was rebelling against an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, and all good God.

• His word shall be considered

The Bible has been written in order to help us understand morality and is a sacred book that dates back centuries. Many of us forget humans have not changed as much as we might think we have in that relatively short amount of time. I would stand up for what I believe in, but I would also question what I believe in. So if the Bible said something I disagreed with I would try to figure out why.