If god was proven real would you follow him even if his statements conflicted with your moral beliefs?

Asked by: Xenocide
  • I would be humble

If a man gives you a loaf of bread and asks if you wish for him to teach you, would you question his ways. I would think you would learn his ways and not question if they were true. If God were true, His morality would be self-evident over time. To question him would be like questioning the breadmaker, maybe you can modify the recipe over time, but until you know how it's made what would give you the reason to question it?

• Um... Heck no.

If good was proven real, and commanded me to do anything I didn't agree with, screw him. I would much rather burn for eternity than follow that homophobic, misogynistic, infanticidal, mass murdering, psychopathic, egotistical, sadistic, disturbed, bully. My moral values are absolute, and if he truly is a "loving" god, then he'll deal with it.

• No I would not follow god

If God was proven really and I am assuming you mean the judeo-christian diety than no I would not follow him. God as he is portrayed in the bible is not a good or moral God and is not a diety that is worth worshiping or devoting your life to.

• I would be humble

• Of coarse not.

Religion is fine. You can believe what you want to believe. But everyone has conflicting beliefs and thats why there are so many religions. If you're Atheist because you dont believe in the morality of certain religions then of coarse you are not going to follow a 'leader' with the 'power' if you dont agree with the religions messages. Like civil wars, you will rebel against it and possibly gain a group of people who also agree. Like lord of the flies.

• God is evil

Any deity that had all the power in the universe, created us in this manner, and then put forth such horrid things in opposition to us as every one of them are described to have done when it wasn't necessary is an enemy of us. What is worse is such an entity deliberately made it so. It would be the moral duty of any of it's creations to stand in defiance of such an entity and hold it accountable for its many crimes. Anything that doesn't hold true for wouldn't need or desire us as followers.

• Stand up for your Beleifs

I would stand up for my beliefs and challenge god. I would be willing to endure any punishment that he gave because I do not think that i could live with knowing that I had been weak when I most needed to be strong. Also if I was punished for my beliefs then that god must not be that great after all if he punished good people for challenging him. It would be similar to a government that bullies their citizens and prevented free will. That would not be the kind of world that I want to live in so I would be the change that I wanted to see and stand up to God.