If gun confiscation is enacted in the USA, will there be a second revolutionary war?

Asked by: Pyr0maniac
  • It is hard to say yes

Yes, I do think that Americans will fight back if guns are to be confiscated but I do not know how we would fight back. Would it be strictly political or physical? I think that it would be more physical. After all, what would you do if military barged into your house without notice? If you don't think that gun confiscation will be aggressive, look at what happened in New Orleans when Hurricane Sandy hit.

• Yes, but we won't have to wait that long.

The day that Obama passes his unconstitutional and downright evil mass amnesty is the day American citizens will hold up their guns against the U.S. Government. We're saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and that will be the final straw that breaks the camel's back. Long live America, death to liberal Democrats.

• MOLAN LABE "come take" Greek " come and take them" English

I do think only a certain percent of gun owners would be willing to die for their right. What percentage , that is the question. Have to remember we are not going to stand in line like in England and Australia and turn them in. Want proof. Connecticut required registration of so called "assult rifles". It is estimated 90 percent have not complied . Estimated 350,000 to 400,000 citizens now Felons.

• Two Words: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC

The Democratic Communist Party thinks they can pass laws that violate our Constitutional rights instead of trying to repeal or amend the Constitution. We will NOT follow unconstitutional laws!! We will drag these communist legislators out into the streets and remove them from their elected offices...By force if need be.

• Two Words: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC

• Enemies foreign and domestic

There is no need to post an argumemt. There is no argument. Any TRUE AMERICAN will not stand to be neutered by a malicious government. It would be hell on American soil. Somewhere between the American revolution and the hunger games would be my guess. Anyone who is truly an American will stand and fight. Including the percentage of the military that is against it.

• Enemies foreign and domestic

• Everyone has a god-given right to defend themselves and their loved ones against tyranny in any form. Authoritarians are an enemies to Freedom.

Those who currently hold positions in government where they are surrounded by armed security 24/7, should be the first to dispense with their protections if they want me to give up mine and can insure that I will not be accosted by a criminal. And that you can make sure that the criminals do not have weapons. They tried that with drugs and we all see how that worked out. I rest my case

• First few swat team

First few swat teams would be successful initially but the death toll on law enforcement would make it a suicide mission. 2 million millitary vs > 100 million armed Americans, not good odds. Most military, police etc would refuse to enforce as they are gun owners themselves. Unlikely to happen without massive casulties in the millions.

• Yes it will.

Why should a handful of people who use gun irresponsibly define my ability as a moral individual to own the weapon of my choice. If you want to disarm everyone than I expect police officers, the body guards or our celebrities and politicians to give up their weapons. There lives are not more important than mine and my families. To those who don't like firearms, please move somewhere in the 99% of the world who has disarmed people and let this sliver of land remain the way it was intended, free, and with individuals providing their own protection as another layer to the cops.

• No, we would not be able to fight back.

No, there would not be a second revolutionary war if gun confiscation was enacted in the USA, because without guns, people would not be able to fight. If the guns are confiscated, the federal government is so powerful that it would be able to control the people and the people would not be able to fight back.

• Well, not exactly.

One: The Revoluntionary War was a war the United States fought against Great Britain in order to become a free a separate nation. This war took place because the Americans wanted to run their own government.

Two: While the right to own guns is established with the second ammendment, this has nothing to do with a fight for freedom. A right to own guns has nothing to do with restrictions on freedom of people. Owning guns allows people to hunt and feel protected, yes, but it also allows people to murder people.

Three: How could there be war if there's no guns?

Four: It wouldn't be a war. It would be a whole bunch of people rebelling and eventually having a few fights and having things sorted out. If it even was anything close to a war, it wouldn't be a second REVOLUTIONARY war.

• That would be blowing it way out of proportion

Now, I know people are attached to their guns, for some odd reason, but a revolution? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, and I've heard some stupid stuff today. There will be protests, riots, most likely, but a full scale war? What are we going to fight with if they have all our guns? Hmm?

Posted by: O.Z
  • Well, sort of.

There will be war, probably. But it would be a new Civil War, not a Revolutionary War. Especially in Conservative States, and the Midwest, you'll tend to find that people will be firing back against federal agents who come to confiscate guns. Of course, people will look for a safe haven, which will be Texas. I'm guessing that if there is a gun confiscation, at least Texas will secede, and it will be the choice of the U.S. Government to spend money to fight another war against Americans.

• If gun confiscation is enacted in the USA, will there be a second revolutionary war?

NO. This would be a huge overt act against the Constitution by nullifying the second amendment. This means the government can decide to nullify any/all of the amendments and delete portions of the Constitution at will. The Constitution and Bill of Rights are the foundation/benchmark of our country. Our society has moved from the Right to the hard Left. Eventually, we will start to move back toward the Right. This is because all societies are dynamic and their political views are always under reconsideration by their citizens to provide them their needs at that point in time. The Democrats 70 years ago were centralists, now they are hard Leftist zealots. If the Democrats win the next set of congressional and presidential elections they will definitely move to disarm all citizens (with the exception of criminals and terrorists) by enacting more and more anti-second amendment laws in the guise of common sense until the second amendment is completely gutted. This would bring up a law suite to the supreme court to either reject all of these anti-second amendment laws or rule that they are valid. If the result is negative by the Supreme Court, I believe most people will have had enough leftist laws and start recalls on most legislators to return the second amendment to it's full potential. Lastly, I believe that our police force and military who are committed to the Constitution would not perform such a gun confiscation.

• Too late already

There would be outrage and people would stash guns. Some would be made example of through harsh prison sentences. Some may even attack government buildings, but they would be branded as terrorists obviously and used to discredit any uprising against such gun confiscation. Ultimately though, the state police would probably have control over the confiscation of personal fire arms and the federal courts would enforce the judicial penalties. We are too fractured and dis-empowered as individuals in this country to organize an actual uprising against the government, because you would first have to fight the local police agencies...And you would be doing so alone or maybe with a few friends at best, which is a hopeless endeavor. For the pockets of larger resistance through locally organized militias, they would feel the full brunt of the DHS through raids backed by State police or military units. I'm sorry to say, but the idea of the second amendment at best protecting our rights is on paper only. In reality I think its already too late to counter the efforts of our government if they cross the line because they are too intertwined within the fabric of our society.

• There wouldn't be.

I'll tell you what would happen.

Nobody would want to do anything about it. I'd say that I would fully support an armed rebellion. However, the fact of the matter stands: They'd complain about it, State governments would support them, and the government would give up on supporting its legislation when faced with a very large factor of adversity. They would realize that controlling firearms wasn't worth the hassle, and would stand down, likely repealing such legislation.

With that said, it would politically polarize the nation to a point that I doubt Republicans and Democrats could be friends, but a civil war wouldn't be likely. In order to confiscate guns, you need someone to do the confiscation. Most liberals who wish to limit the rights of U.S. Citizens wouldn't want to get their hands dirty, and the people who would actually be willing to do their dirty work could be killed at any moment, so that's another massive negative.

It would be a law that nobody would enforce.

Pyr0maniac says2013-06-25T01:00:26.043
Maybe civil war is a better word choice for this topic instead of revolutionary war.
JustCheNo says2013-06-25T01:30:20.397
I like revolutionary better, since it means to "causing a complete or dramatic change"

The only "change" Obama has brought is the destruction of the Constitution.