If Hogwarts sent your child an acceptance letter, would you allow them to attend?

Asked by: ForSerious
  • This would depend.

If it is after voldemort is killed by Harry then yes. If before, heck no. I would not want to send my child to their quite possible death. The only reason to send them before would be to see Dumbledore. He is awesome and the worst thing is when he dies.

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would most definitely.

I know that if I got a letter and if my parents said no, I would be pretty upset with them so I would let them go . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• I would like to go myself!

I am 11 and I would love to go to Hogwarts. I have read the whole series, and it seem to me like I would have fun doing magic. I mean seriously, Levitating, fixing, and minupliating, objects. I thnk I can safely say that I would love to go to Hogwarts! Also I respect everyone else's opinion.

• Yes I would

Yes I would because how awesome would it be to learn magic, you can zap stuff, float stuff, kill things, turn people in to animals. I'm sorry but that's a once in a live time opportunity of course I would send them to Hogwarts. That way they can go to school with Harry and Ron and everyone else

• Hmmm, let me think... YES!!!!!!!

OBVIOUSLY! I would sure miss my child, but having them be a witch or wizard would change the life of every person in our family! There is no way I would let them pass up that once in a lifetime opportunity! Also, it would be great for me and my spouse and other children (if I had more than one child) even though we're Muggles because we still get to go to Diagon Alley and Platform 9 ¾!

• More free time

With them at Hogwarts I would have more time to myself. Also they could tell me about magic when they come back. Good for the both of us.

But only if it is after all the dangerous stuff happens, I don't want my kid to end up dieing because of some stupid decision I made. :/

• Go hogwarts ofc yes

I am so n love with Hogwarts and the Harry Potter fandom, it's not even funny anymore. If my child got an acceptance letter I WOULD LITERALLY HIDE IN HER BAGGAGE AND GO WITH HIM/HER! The same thing goes for Camp Half Blood or Camp Jupiter. (because I will most definitely adopt) YAY FANDOMS! Who wouldn't seriously?

• You would be tremendously idiotic to not send your child to Hogwarts!

If you were offered a chance that was one in a million would you accept it? Of course you would! It would teach your child to be safe around magic. This would be wonderful because then they are aware of the consequences of magic. Your child would be able to experience an opportunity and culture that very few do. At Hogwarts there is no electronics. This would stop cyber bullying and allow the students to work differently and use their creativity to learn about the immortal world.

• Of course, I will

I want to be like Hermoine's muggle parents who ever confused about this magic school thingy. It would be awesome to have kids who can perform magic. I just wish i could learn some magic from them too. I can't wait to see my kid's pet, that she brings back for summer.

• Yes, most definitely

Going to Hogwarts would be an AMAZING experience, you get to learn magic and experience a culture that very few do. In response to the negative posts, i think Hogwarts is the best school to care for your child. I mean they're learning magic, so it's safer than anywhere else, it eliminates the cyber-bullying element, Hagrid would NEVER EVER EVER kill anyone, and let's not forget the Muggle Studies class. Plus,it's not like Muggle schools offer classes exclusively to teach your child how to be successful in life, that's something you learn for yourself. Plus, learning magic would also make you more organized as an adult, as you need to hide your magic if your live in an predominately Muggle neighborhood. Also, i don't really think magic goes against Christian values. No matter what your education, if you are a Christian you follow God's Word. Learning magic doesn't go against any Christian values. If there was a value that stated 'Shun All Magic', then it would, but the values and morals are there to show you how your life should be lived, and it doesn't matter who you are, or where you are or where you were educated, but as long as you follow these values and believe in them, then it should be fine. Isn't that what it's about?
    Finally Hogwarts is awesome. That it itself is a reason to hug the messenger and everyone in sight before heading to Diagon Alley. Just go there if you get the chance, because you can't really get it anywhere else.

• But I will not persecute the child like Vernon and Petunia did

I will not accept a magic invitiation. It goes against Christian values and morals. Magic by its very nature is deceit and Satan in the form of something else. That being said, I wouldn't be like Vernon or Petunia. If I had a son who believed in magic, I would disapprove, but I would pray that God put him on the right path!

• Persecution, Death, Ignorance

I would not send my child to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
    Pure bloods would call my child mud-blood.
    The professors endanger children, especially Hagrid.
    Even if my child survived the bullying and the near-death experiences, they would graduate without the critical thinking skills needed to do well in the world.

• Most dangerous school ever

Although it would be awesome if my kid had magical powers, and I would want them to go to a school that cultivated that, surely there are better wizarding schools than hogwarts. I mean, prejudice is rife among the teachers and students, both for blood status and houses. There never seem to be any decent safety procedures in place, the school is a well known target of dark wizards and has been subject to corruption in every level (think Umbridge). If a student has legitimate concerns they are generally ignored and often punished. My kids would probably be dead before graduation or at least scarred for life.