If I said I had definitive proof for God would you believe me?

• Sure why not.

It could open up new discussions and maybe challenge people's views. But are you disclosing the evidence or is this just a hypothetical situation? But maybe there are some things we haven't unearthed or dots we haven't connected. But if you do find anything new I'm sure we all would be intrested in seeing it.

• I understand where you're coming from.

But I would ask why you feel like that. Now if you had some bad experiences with God or those who believe in Him, I can relate to that. But I would like to ask you to do a little research. Evidence is stunning. Look at a video by Louie Giglio. He's got some amazing facts you really need to see. Normally I would go into huge details but as you don't even know me, just do a little research and see what you find. ;)

• I Read Everything and watched the Louie Giglio videos..

AND...

No, that is not "proof" ...And so no, I don't believe you..

First of all, Louie Giglio is a Christian pastor. Which is fine, but doesn't that hint at an obvious confirmation bias?

Also, it appears Louie Giglio, like most Christians, criticizes science and scientific methodology - but meanwhile still uses science and scientific discoveries to make a case for their own religious-science..

Further, what is the "proof" exactly..?

Hypothetically, even if the ideas Louie Giglio purports to be true are in fact true (which they are NOT), it would only be merely suggestive at best, NOT proof...

Louie Giglio is a pastor who went to seminary school.

He is not an accomplished academic astronomer or astrophysicist.

None of his ideas are or have been peer-reviewed in credible academic journals, therefore his authority in these fields is not credited as he has none.

Honestly, I'm quite irritated by this post and for my time being wasted on this!

HA!

• My position is similar to

PinValentine and iamanatheistandthisiswhy i wanted to vote but my opinion has already been stated by others. I have to write something just want to make that clear. I have 22 more words to fill so here's a thought: Finding and teaching truth is the highest form of morality and love for the existence of life. In my humble opinion.

• Believe the proof, not the claim.

People can say a great many things, but as my grandfather (who was also a dragon) used to say:

"Believe nothing that you hear and half of what you see"

He then flew off to pillage the snow castles of our Inuit enemies with fire.

Of course, if you answered yes to this question than you also believe I'm part dragon, and the Inuit build snow castles (and somehow my enemy)

After all, I've stated something that *could* be possible (beyond our current understanding of science)

All I need to do is say I have proof, right?

• No not at all.

I won't believe you if you say it. I might believe you if you actually produce that evidence, but that is only if I review the evidence and decide that it is real. The Bible is not evidence, but if you can show me one shred of real evidence, my world would change.

• Only, if I can review it.

Evidence needs to submitted and reviewed before it can be accepted as factual. So even if I trust you as a person, I would need to see the evidence and test if it stands up to scrutiny.

I realize for me its a personal experience as I asked the question, but I am answering in general as well.

• My position is similar to

• You can say anything.

Saying you have evidence or proof is one thing. Presenting it is another. I have heard many times from people who say they can prove their God exists but there is never anything concrete forthcoming. For that reason, among others, I would remain skeptical until such time as that proof was presented and examined.

• I wouldn't believe you.

If you said you have definitive proof, I wouldn't take your word for it. That's a far too extreme change of lifestyle based on someone's single testimony. Definitive proof is impossible. Even if I saw god, that could be a lie. It depends on whether or not reality even exists...

Vere_Mendacium says2014-10-08T23:52:14.667
Believe you that you have proof, or believe in God after I supposed you shared this proof with me/us?