If LGBT classes themselves as a religious organization and their beliefs of homosexuality is a religion would they get more protection from the state?

Asked by: jaksunmadness
  • Yes, if LGBT admits their beliefs are a religion

If LGBT says they are a religious institution and that homosexuality and transexuality is nothing more than religion than the state would more readily protect them because there are amendments, laws and acts that protect against discrimination and assault on people for their religion. None of what LGBT claims is found in science and is nothing more than a hoax but as a religion it can have it's own standing.

• It is a choice.

Homosexuality is not something you believe in, it is what you choose (and in some cases don't choose) to be. The government and entire society should understand that homosexuality is just a personal choice and to back off. Are they affecting you in any way? They made a choice to be gay just like you made a choice you wanted to live.

• Nope, you can't just say "We're a religion now"

The Government, at it's highest point of recognition, would only grant the religion a tax-free status. Separation of Religion and State doesn't grant anything else. So they'd only have the benefit of being tax-free, and while I'm sure that would help the cause, it wouldn't give them a head start in any meaningful way.

• NO. It is wrong.

Many people do not support homosexuality. I find it unnatural and wrong, and I am not afraid to say that I don't support it, even when the people around me get confused at my opinion. They don't agree, and they support gay marriage.
    Well, just because a group of homosexuals are rioting in front of a building doesn't mean that others should change their opinions about the topic. We should be allowed to say whatever we want, and just like how anyone can say how they support it, we should be allowed to say that we don't support it. So, here: Gay marriage is wrong, and should not be legalized. Homosexuality, too, is wrong.
    That is final. I will not change my opinion because others are trying to convince me. I will stand firm in my beliefs, and yes, we should be allowed to express our opinions on these topics.

• No they are not religious beliefs

The state would not give them any support because they are not officially a religion. If they are talking about gay being religion that it not true. Not many people follow. (I do not have anything against gay) but gay cannot be a religion, it is an origination but it is a sexuality

Cat_Lover says2014-04-01T15:11:29.873
You can't be gay and Christian
That_hayden_guy says2014-04-01T17:29:53.113
@Cat_Lover
Why the heck not? I know a gay pastor!!