If prisoners get free lunch, don't you think students should receive free lunch?

• Make inmates pay for their food and kids get free lunch. ..

It's a simple answer. I think the children are more important than the inmates. Children are our pride in school they should have the path paved for them not incarcerated criminals. Why has if been allowed to go on for so long. I can't belive this has been allowed to go on for so long

• Students should get free lunches, regardless of what inmates get.

These are our children we are talking about. The very same people who are going to be running this nation after we are long gone. Each and every child deserves to know that when it's lunch time they are going to eat. No if, ands or buts about it. We preach education is so important to them and yet we make a big deal out of if they can pay just to eat lunch that day. Very depressing treating our future like this.

• Healthier Lunches and should be subsidized.

I do in home childcare and there is a subsidy for the food I provide for my daycare kids. All I have to do is make fresh, healthy meals get some audits, and home visits every now and then. It covers most of the food costs. Why don't schools have this! Prisons get free lunches, but schools don't. If the prisoners can work to earn a pack of cigarettes, I say make them work to earn a decent meal. Otherwise give them a cup of oatmeal a day. Perhaps then they won't want to return to prison. Take away a kids lunch because his parents forgot to pay one day and now you know why the prisons are so full. Kids don't want to be in school if the can't learn because the US government wants to punish them. Heckwe pay taxes for school. Why not just keep the tab and save it for dues at tax season. Uncle Sam can collect the back dues since he is so concerned with every other aspect of how our kids are raised!!!

• Students Are Our Future

The difficulty with this concept is that there are far too many students to make this a viable program. Yes, prisoners get a free lunch. Yes, students probably deserve a free lunch more than prisoners because they haven't done anything wrong. The only problem is the cost involved. Even though America has a lot of prisoners, the number of students far outweighs them. It would simply cost too much to feed students unless taxes are raised substantially.

• Yes, we treat them much the same.

Yes, students should receive free lunch if prisoners get free lunch, because life is made too easy for prisoners in so many ways. Prison should be a place that people do not want to return. It should not be a place where a prisoner is treated better than an average student in a local publish school. Prisoners should have to work for their food.

• Yes I do.

I think that regardless of whether prisoners get a free lunch, students should get a free lunch. I think that because a child has to be in school by law, the lunch should at least be paid for. I also think clothes and school supplies should be paid for. If government spent money better this could easily be done.

• I think students should receive free lunch.

I think students should receive free lunch. Even though prisoners get free lunch, their situation is different in that they do not get to leave at the end of the day. However, I still think that students should get free lunch. We pay enough in taxes that we should be getting something in return.

• If prisoners get a free lunch,then students should definitely get a free lunch.

If prisoners get a free lunch,then students should definitely get a free lunch.A well nourished student can in the long run offer more to society than a well fed prisoner.It's almost like the prisoner is being rewarded for committing the crime while the poor student is being punished for trying to better themselves.It's high time that justice be imposed for all of those involved.

• Lunch should be free for students.

This debatable question poses a very new perspective; if prisoners get free lunch while incarcerated, students should receive that some right as well. Attending school is, technically, mandated by law, therefore shouldn't the students be granted all the opportunities for success while on school grounds? Access to sufficient materials, transportation, and especially free food should be give-ins.

• I think children should get free school meals.

The reason for this is because some children's parents don't work and parents also have to pay for there school uniform as well as there food? I don't think this is fair. Some children's parents don't get paid enough to afford there food in school as well because they also have to pay for everyday items like; toiletry's, food for the house, clothes, etc. I think children shouldn't have to pay for there food. Prisoners don't so why do kids have to? You may think that children and prisoners are different, which there are, but they people who are in prison might of had a job and a family so the people who they live or lived with should hand in some money to the prison and then that will pay for there food. You may argue with my opinion but I think that children should get free school meals no matter if there parents work or not.

• Prisoners don't get free lunch and neither should students.

Prisoners get fed, but they usually have to work while in prison. Also, their food is low quality. Students would not want to receive free lunch because it is insulting. No one wants a handout. Rather, efforts should be made to improve the economy and fight poverty so that kids would not need a handout in the first place.

• There is free food programs already for schools.

Apparently you don't Google very well. President Truman started a free lunch program 1946. It is based off of income level of course. The social welfare barrel is not bottomless. Go here for more info: https://www.fns.usda.gov/nslp/national-school-lunch-program-nslp

It is easy to find this information online. Please educate yourself. It will not take that long.

guesswhoiam says2014-10-21T05:33:42.607
Students SHOULD have a free lunch