If the GOP gain the Presidency will American Streets be filled with beggars and sick?

Asked by: rruthbj
  • Yes, If the GOP gains the Presidency the American Streets Could look like a Third World Country

If the GOP continue their war on the poor, the sick and disenfranchised by doing away with safety net programs, the streets could begin to fill with the sick and beggars. What is the end of no medical care for people who don't have the money? Disease. What is the end result of people with no money to buy food? Begging in the streets. What will happen if whole families are pitched out into the street because they cannot afford a home? Homelessness. I do not understand why people cannot see the end result of not helping their human kind. If they don't get if because of human kindness, maybe their me attitude will understand that diseases spread. If these people are not helped me may all get sick. Think it is not possible. Look at Ebola, the plague, the flu epidemic. Helping the helpless will not only help them it may help you too.

• It doesnt matter which party wins.

The numbers of beggars and sick will mushroom either way, because the policy agenda is closed and calls for doing so. The only choices the voters have is: who will put more ppl in that category faster and more efficiently; and maybe also whether to put them on the streets or in some kind of gulag system. And if either candidate tells you otherwise in the campaign, then i own a bridge in austrailia.

• Not possible at all.

The Republicans support strong pro-growth policies such as passing the Keystone Pipeline, low taxation, less regulation, and preventing destructive policies like a huge spike in the minimum wage. In doing this and winning the presidency in 2016 the United States finally has a chance to come back from economic stagnation. Let's hope they win!

• Of course not.

The GOP won the presidency in 1980, 1984, 1988, 1996, and 2000, as well as many times before that. In none of those cases did America start to look like a developing nation. It’s okay to side with a political party, but don’t demonize your opponents. Both republicans and democrats are trying to do their best for the country. Over-the-top accusations form either side damages the country.

• This is dumb

Saying the GOP would cause a severe spike in homelessness is a nonsensical idea that even the most hardcore liberals would scoff at. If this would really happen, why didn't it during Bush's term? Or Bush Sr. For that matter. Or Reagan. Or any other GOP president. It's completely moronic to think any president could single-handedly turn America down this path in four or even eight years.

• It's difficult to abolish welfare 100%

There is too much support towards welfare so the GOP cannot abolish it completely. Welfare will be cut, but not in heartless ways, but instead, ways that are necessary. Examples would be cutting welfare that supports people who cannot work because they're too lazy rather than those who cannot work because they don't have legs.

• It will be alright

In my personal experience, it doesn't really matter which party is in control of the government. I get up, go to school, eat lunch, go to work, and so on. And I find that most normal Americans have a similar experience, regardless of how the President is. The two parties aren't different enough to turn America into a third world nation if one or the other takes control.

The world will keep on ticking as usual.

• What the hell?

When President Ronald Reagan was in charge the homeless population dropped from 350,000 to 200,000, why more jobs, friendlier business climate, all the positives of a Republican President, Under Clinton, A Democrat, the homeless population rose from, 175,000 to 300,000, my god! We need a Republican President soon, or families like my middle class one (fallen from Higher Middle Class to just above the Poverty line, #thanksobama) will end up on the street!

Vox_Veritas says2015-01-06T17:55:59.690
Dang it. The Mods knew I was trying to troll.