If the Republicans win the Senate, will government spending be reduced?

• Yes I do agree spending will be reduced if the Republican's win the Senate.

There always opposition teams when trying to win the Senate. Although some teams have better idea and plans then some and some have idea's that won't necessarily agree with the public. If the Republican's win, I do believe spending will be reduced as they are quite conservative and obviously are looking too free up the nation's debt but it is not always that easy!

• No, I do not believe that government spending will be reduced if the Republicans win the Senate.

No, I do not believe that government spending will be reduced if the Republicans win the Senate. All politicians make promises to get into office, and very few of those promises are actually put into play. The government has expenses that usually cannot be reduced without impacting the general population.

• No, no matter who holds the Senate government spending will not reduce.

No, I do not believe that If the Republicans win the Senate government spending will be reduced. It does not matter whether Republicans or Democrats hold the majority in the Senate, either party will spend as much government money as possible, and then turn around and ask for more for the next fiscal year.

• Republican control of the Senate will reduce spending, but not much

If, as expected, the Republicans gain control of the Senate after the 2014 election, little will actually change. Over the past four years, the majority GOP House of Representatives and Democrat majority Senate have sparred back and forth about almost everything. If they gain both houses, the battle will shift to Congress vs. the President. The Republicans will attempt to reduce spending (and cut taxes for the wealthy) but will be rebuffed at every turn by the White House. The net result will be more gridlock.