If the United States were invaded and conquered, should Canada accept US refugees fleeing the violence?

• Yes considering Canada and the U.S are considered allies and considerably have a special relationship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Relationship

Does Canada have a more special relationship then Britain -> no
    but they have a very close relationship with the u.S anyway ..
    /
    /
    //
    /
    /
    /
    /
    / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

• In my opinion yes , Canada should accept US refugees .

I strongly think Canada should accept US refugees . If Canada were to get invaded , I know for a fact that the US wouldn't think twice about letting them come to our side . We're on the same side and we Americans don't mean harm . Americans and Canadians coming together would be such a huge force .

• Yes Canada should accept US refugees

If the united states were invaded and conquered i think some of us would not have a choice but to go to Canada even if Canada accepted us or not. One reason is because we speak the same language so their for it would be easy to fit in. And also its the closest country to the united states besides Mexico. Even though Canadians might not want us there i think we would be their anyways.

• I Think Yes Because...

Canada has History with the U.S so i think yes. We are like family basically! If they were attack and need help, we would be the first one to help them. If we do join up together there will be some changes. We can be stronger together. So that what I think

• I Think Yes Because...

• Attraction to Canada

If someone is trying to invade the U.S., and U.S. refugees flee to Canada, I think that all of the refugees would attract whoever was invading the U.S. in the first place, would just invade Canada right after the U.S. Also, for Canadians to come to the U.S., they need tons of conformation papers just to come over the border.

• Yes I believe that Canada should let U.S refugees to flee into their country if the U.S were to be invaded and conquered.

I believe that this should be allowed because the United States and Canada have a very good relationship and have common interests so I see no reason why Canada would not let there be U.S refugees in their country. We are good neighbors and seem to not have any arguments with them.

• Yes since Canada will need the U.S's help.

If a country invaded and conquered the U.S they are probably not going to stop there. Canada will accept refugees so they don't become an enemy to the U.S because in war having allies really helps and if they were able to conquer the U.S, Canada will need help. If anything Canada will start shipping refugees to Europe if the hostile country is attacking the North and South American continent.

• Yes Canada should accept US refugees.

I think Canada should accept U.S. refuges because we are the closest country and also allies. We speak the same language, so we would fit right in! We could also bring a lot of beneficial supplies and form a better alliance if it were to happen to Canada I'm sure the U.S. would help them out. If not all of us, at least the injured, children and women.

• Yes, Canada should except US refugees

Canada should except US refugees because its the same situation as immigrants crossing the border. The US is having problems with immigration because other countries are being conquered by corruption meaning more and more immigrants are moving to the US. Although the US has a strict immigration policy, there are places in the US that work with immigrants to get there citizenship rights. This is creating a system of good practice of humanity which makes the world a better place for everyone. Also Canada doesn't have a big population and it would be a boost to their economy and we have the same language in common which is a plus.

• Illegal immigration to Canada? Get the Border Patrol!

I would separate those who called for the Mexican border to be militarily closed down and force those people to stay behind. Anyone else can come over after a class on true Canadian politeness and Geography. It'd be hard work for an American to truly fit in, being that Canada can't bomb anybody we want, or invade people on false pretense, and, in general, we stay quiet and humble on the world stage.

You see, in the real world, ie: not in America, actions have consequence.

• The US hated Justin Beiber:

How would Canada ever be coerced to forgive the US? I do not think that Canada has any obligation to save the US from their oppressors since truthfully the US has long joked among it's citizens that Canada should be annexed and turned into a national wildlife refuge because of how empty it is.

• A New War?

As all civilians can see nothing will be strategized if we get involved, because due to the issue that was dealt with Syria. With the growing debate on the topic if whether the US should be intervening with Syria’s on going government of abusing their people. The US meddling with any province will cause entanglement for the negative effect than for the best. Us helping will cause an even higher rate of casualties, cost, debt and the living conditions for the people in the home front. Also being said the US does not have financial stability and ability to be in a new war. The fighting will be a stalemate.

• The United States has helped other countries in their time of need.

Canada would have to spend a large amount of money, time, and effort on helping take in refugees from the US but taking in defenseless women and children who cannot defend themselves would be the right thing to do. Also it would create a more lasting relationship with our two countries if the US recovers.

• The white eye has done so many bad things

America has not helped other countries like mexico trying to flee from death. So why should canada. Why other countries that got treated bad by us. Pekerwoods need to get tought a lesson. They think they can get away with everything, even murder. But when it comes down to trying to flee to another country I'd say no.

• Are they welcome to U.S

Canadians aren't even welcome here unless they have papers. They cant even come to visit like we can why would they take us in plus they will also use it as a chance to take over too and Mexico and other countries. No one would really help us when every one wants us.

• Sadly No, It's not sustainable

Too many refugees would strain the economy. Even if we somehow got refugees to work, getting them all jobs would be difficult. Still very low chance of this happening but with Russia it's possible. The reason why it would strain the economy is that you would have to provide millions of refugees with food and shelter.

• Attraction to Canada

I think Canada should accept US refugees fleeing the violence, because if Canada were to be invaded i'm sure they would flee to the US for protection. Also Canada is our neighboring country and our allies to help us out in a time of need. If Canada doesn't except US refugees then innocent people would be in danger or could even die.

Formerland1 says2014-08-11T18:07:27.603
I think we should america has helped us in the past , unfortunately I'm not sure they would do the same if the situation was reversed .
debatergorl says2014-08-11T18:45:29.897
Just wanted to point out that people saying Canada should accept us should also be open to helping the Mexican child refugees. If not, you are being a hypocrite.
The_Immortal_Emris says2014-08-11T18:57:45.663
That's what I was hinting at ;)
BlackOpal97 says2015-06-27T11:01:12.873
It would be nice