If we were able to clone extinct dinosaurs, should it be legal to do so?

Asked by: TheSocialGamer
  • Dinosaurs= Death For All Species

Who says people can domesticate dinosaurs? Who says that we have the advanced technology to control them? Even if we 'Magically Tame' some dinosaurs, and gain there trust, they could turn the second that we don't feed them a treat for their move!

According to some people in the yes column, We have better tec then in the movies. Who says? You (probably) aren't a technology expert, but nor am I. The movies, particularly the new Jurassic World, show the same, somewhat advanced tec then we have today. Dinosaurs are not tamable.

I hear you thinking in your mind, "Hey don't be rude you want to see a dinosaur sometime in your life too don't you?" The truth is, I wouldn't mind riding a triceratops to school each day but this isn't about what you want. It's about what humanity needs. We don't need horrifying dinosaurs that will eventually outsmart us and eat us. Just because people want them, we don't need to breed them through the few blood samples we might be able to scavenge over the next 10,000 years.

"Oh Raptor16, your just saying that to make us think dinosaurs always escape. Who knows, they might like us?" The truth is, we don't know enough about dinosaurs to predict how they would react to humans. Dinosaurs have never seen a human before, and best bet is, they will A: Think we are food and eat us. B: Think we are a threat and kill us. Or C: Find us oh so nice and be tame. Two out of the three are not very good, and I personally think C might be a little strange, I can't predict a T-rex sitting at a dining room table!

"What if we just make herbivores?" Most people think that herbivores are safe just because they don't eat meat. You all forget one thing, herbivores can attack too. They are not perfectly defenseless, they are still huge, spiked and ready to kill to defend themselves. Sure in all the movies, people ride herbivores, pet them, watch them be tame, but who knows how they will react?

"I can't believe she has not even brought up the topic of keeping them isolated on an island." Well now I have. If we keep them isolated on an island, a number of things could still go wrong. Let me list a few. 1: The dinosaurs could still break out and kill everyone on the island. 2: Some guy would eventually decide it would be a great idea to bring a T-rex to New York City. 3: All the flying and swimming dinosaurs decide to explore and eventually reach the USA or any other place. 4: An unsuspecting sailor would sail over the seas and find it, then get eaten by any hungry dinosaurs that can swim/fly. 5: All the Jurassic Park scenes.

(I will keep going in anouther chat thing, I have reached the word limit.)

• Don't bring back Dinosaurs.

Do you know how different this world is then it was 65 million years ago. Besides if we brought back Dinosaurs, they would be poached same like a rhinos and elephants. It is better to leave the past in the past and study it in the present and the future. That's why there is Paleontology.

• It will be good for children and scientist

Of course scientist are not a god. But Imagine how awesome it will be if there were dinosaurs. First everyone especially kids will be able to see real life dinosaur not only from books or tv. And scientist can study about dinosaurs and see if theorys are correct. Of course we have to be careful or incidents like Jurassic Park could happen.

• Would make an amazing amusement park.

I would love to see dinosaurs in a zoo. It is a great part of the history of our planet. I do believe their should be restrict the cloning of dinosaurs because of their size and lethal abilities. However, if we are able to clone them, we should be able to study how they lived exactly and possibly domesticate some.

• Dinosaurs are awesome

Yeah sure talk about Jurassic Park (I'm a huge fan). It would be great to bring dinosaurs back. That is because it will be great for children. And about where to keep them, we can keep them in isolated island. Also scientist will be able to study them even more.

• It wouldn't be like Jurassic park.

Their security was so bad. I want to see a real life motherf**kin velociraptor people!
    We could keep them in secure parks and with better security than the joke that was required of a security system for a plot to ensue.
    And they may even have economic use. Could you imagine the meat we could get off of a cold-blooded triceratops? Trust me, they would use less energy per mass of meat as cows are warm blooded.
    And we could domesticate them. This is sort of future tech here. So why not genetically engineer so e of them to be more docile, like dogs? I would love a pet velociraptor!

• Dinosaurs should be cloned if we can

Dinosaurs are one of the biggest mysteries on the planet and Dinosaurs are easily my favorite thing on the planet so if i heard that we could clone dinosaurs I would be there in a heartbeat and easily say yes to what they are doing and I would even give then suggestions to what dinosaurs they should create. My first suggestion would easily be Parasaurolophus and I would probably even ask if I could keep a baby Parasaurolophus and raise it my self. I would even ask them to make a real Jurassic Park. That's what I think about cloning dinosaurs

• We should not bring back Dinosaurs.

Do you know how different this world is than it was 65 million years ago. Besides, if we brought them back, they would be killed and poached, then sold on black market just like their doing with Dinosaur bones found by Paleontologists. Leave the past in the past, and instead study them in Paleontology during the present. And don't get me started on a time machine.

• Dinosaurs should not be cloned

I think that dinosaurs should not be cloned and brought back to the present because the breakthrough would make paleontological research redundant.
    It is important for science that biologists do not attempt to resurrect dinosaurs. I also don't think it should even be legal to clone such a colossal group of animals because it is possible scientists would attempt to bring back super predators like Carcharodontosaurus or Spinosaursus.
    One of the things people don't think about is that dinosaurs aren't used to our climate. In the mesozoic era dinosaurs lived in a tropical climate which was hotter and most likely had different diseases and levels of oxygen.

• Please Don't Bring Back the Dinosaurs

If we were able to clone extinct dinosaurs, should it be legal to do so? Bringing back dinosaurs would not be a good idea and in the case the it was possible, should NOT be legal. The planet was quite different when dinosaurs lived. The atmosphere was different. The vegetation and any other animal life that was around was different from what it is now. If they had any natural predators [which they probably did not have...I don't really know] those predators, be they animals or microbes would not be present in the world now. If a lot of these large animals were brought back, they might run roughshod over people and eat them or do other harm. My mistake. Dinosaurs were vegetarian. They would eat just the people's salads. Last but not least, dinosaurs went extinct in a world that was different from the world they would be brought back into. There is way of knowing what would happen in such an experiment. I would be ill advised. But please warn me if you are going to bring them back because I do not want to be standing nearby when it happens.

• Don't bring back Dinosaurs.

• Dinosaurs= Death For All Species