If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Choose "No" if you're non-religious... Or choose "Yes" if you are.

Asked by: knu
  • What is Your will for me?

I don't have lofty questions about the meaning of our lives like why are we here? Or why does he allow suffering? Through out history, God has left his message about why we are here, where we come from and what are destiny is. If we don't know it's because we aren't listening or because we refuse to listen. A well known atheist was asked this very question. His question to God was "why did you go to such great lengths to hide yourself?" A question for this man immediately came to my mind "why did you go to such great lengths to blind yourself?"
    G.K. Chesterton once said "Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." If the vast, and I mean vast, majority of those who are opposed to religion we're to reflect on their first hand knowledge or their own personal study of Christianity they would have to admit their ignorance. They would admit that they could not, by any stretch of the imagination, call themselves experts. So then if you are not informed how can you judge whether or not God is real. That would be like someone with no knowledge of climate change saying that they either believe or disbelieve in man made climate change. They can't or they have to rely on and trust someone else's knowledge. You don't have to do that with Christianity. There is enough written since the beginning (Adam and Eve) to lead you to the Truth. A person has to start from the very beginning and it's not hard to understand because if you really want to know the Truth (whatever that truth may be) you will find it... It's God's promise.

• Why god why?

Why are we playing this sick game of life. I'd want to know what the purpose of creation is and why do we live life instead of just exist as an endless nothing. What is the purpose of life and does it all have a means to an end. .

• Why life ?

If what most religions say holds to be true then it easy to say that your goal is to have people love, believe and worship you. If that is so then creating the universe, so big that no human will ever get to lay eyes on all of it makes no sense. It would make more sense to create a world/universe with obvious limitations, if your goal was that of what religion talks about.
    Why life where bad things are painful and hard to accept, while good things are temporarily here and
    slowly fades out of the reach of memory. In the end nothing good seems to come from this experience. Life created without goal or purpose is equivalent to place a rat in a maze without cheese.

Posted by: knu
  • Why did you make me so lucky?

I have always felt incredibly lucky to have the life I have. I was born in a free country, my family is very wonderful, and I have not had to face, up to present, anything too difficult (knock on wood). I am also smart and have no problem making friends. I want to know why I am I intitled to all of this? What makes me worthy of this life? More importantly, what makes those born without these things not worthy? Why do people have to be born into poverty, born by abusive parents? Why are some people born without any natural abilities? That's the question I would ask God.