If you disagree with affirmative action, does this study change your mind?

• Race and gender should not increase or decrease your chances at anything.

Affirmative Action would be fine if it did not promote reverse discrimination. When applying to colleges you get extra points if you are black, native american, and other minorities. There should be no "extra". If you are qualified for a job or college then you should be given it by your merit not your race. If affirmative action were leveling the playing field neither side would have an advantage.

• No, this does not change my mind.

I don't believe my mind can be changed by affirmative action. I believe this study is biased and is just a failed attempt to get me to change my opinion about affirmative action. Affirmative action creates an unequal playing field by forcing minorities to be afforded opportunities that the majority does not have.

• Racism against Racism does not stop Racism.

I am against Racist and Sexism etc in any form. I think they're both extremely evil because you're basing someone on immutable characteristics.

Affirmative action is wrong because you're in essence, giving brownie points to someone because of their immutable characteristics. It's like trying to talk against the rich into becoming poor, just so the poor isn't as relatively poor, rather than inspiring the poor to invest, and becoming rich.

Take the homicide rates for an example, blacks are responsible for 50% of all homicides. That doesn't mean that they do it BECAUSE they are black. Furthermore, they do it from their own actions, rather than an outside force pointing a gun at them and forcing them to do it.

• Affirmative Action also takes place in schools

I think we should have Affirmative Action in the work environment, but only because I can't think of a better way to get rid of discrimination like that. However, education wise, Affirmative Action is partly a quota, and I don't like the idea of people taking a spot that could have been mine, especially if I am more qualified. Schools only accept a limited number of people each year, and those spots should be earned by your choices, not your genetics. To get around discrimination we could just make it so you don't have to put your race on the application form. This didn't change my mind, but I do appreciate your effort. Thank you.

• Good God, the bias

I had the misfortune of reading the most unprofessionally-conducted politically-motivated "studies" in history when I clicked that link.
    If anything, it would make me disagree with affirmative action even more than I already do.
    In short, no, all it does is prove to me that the proponents of affirmative action have their heads somewhere a proctologist's services would be needed to determine their exact location, and utterly destroys any credibility affirmative action may have.

• I highly doubt I will ever change my mind

If there is one thing that anger me it is people who say that Affirmative Action is about equality. The very definition of it is unequal by giving minorities more opportunities and benefits. I am usually open minded about the different sides of a debate, but in this case, it would take a lot of convincing and even then, I would barely consider it.

• Affirmative Action is important.

The idea behind affirmative action may seem backwards: to be "racist" in a good way to ensure helping certain races? But it is a sad fact that if we do not have this policy that many great people will never be considered for jobs that they can do well. Affirmative Action is needed.