If you found a 100 buck note on the ground and saw the owner looking for it,would you give it back to them?

Asked by: bvc
  • Normally I would.

I would simply walk up to them, say "I think you dropped this". Hand it to them and walk away without expectations of a reward or even a "thank you". To me, just making someone happy is reward enough.
    On the other hand, there may be reasons why I might keep it. Hypothetically if I really needed the money or if it was some person that deserves to go without it like a drug dealer.

• Yes ... Maybe no

How do you know its theirs? How do you know they haven't dropped something else and are looking for that. If I physically saw them drop the note then I would. I actually did find a wallet, away from security cameras in my university library which had £100 in. I could have simply taken it, however I handed the wallet into reception and they contacted him as his student ID was in it. Ironically both the ladies at reception looked amazed that I was honest enough to hand it in. And when the guy did receive his wallet, he claimed there was more than £100 in it and accused me of stealing from him! A disgrace. But to answer the initial question if I was certain it belonged to them then yes I would give it to them.

• Yes i would

You see if 100 dollars can be enough to help a home less person he back on his feet then 100 $ is enough to change any thing, even a persons life. . . And can change the world completely, in my conclusion yes i would give it back .

• Its not yours

Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hivhi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

• Subconscious, bad decision in the back of my head.

I don't think that my subconscious would let me sleep at night with the feeling of a bad decision in the back of my head. I would probably stop and think for a sec but after-all I would give it back to the owner. This is also called being a human. If this would happen to you, you would want the founder to give it back to you, so you should do the same.

• I definitely will

I will return it to the person. I am a honest person. This money isn't money, so why should I take it? Also, the owner of this money might need this money for important use. I shouldn't cause stress on him over money. Plus, I am good enough to survive so i don't need that money

• Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

Y e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e s s s s s s s

• Dcfas dsadsad dsadsad

Y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y yy y y e ee e e e e e e e e e e e e e e s s s s s s s s s ss s s s

• I am soooooo rich 100 to me is a tenth of a penny

Ldsoajjjjjjjjjfkagklqjhqdnv,csjjjjjjjjjjdh fkcjhsd jfjvhkjfhgkjasdhvkjdhf gaghdjfhsjd vnhfs jerhsg ui g g g h h hh h h h h h h gdsfgdf gv g xdfg hhjdf g gh j hfd f h gnf h g h b b gf d hg gh nb db v gf h h g cb h fg fhj d dsf

• Yes i would

If i found 100 bucks and knew whose it was i would give it back to them because its the right thing to do. If i lost 100 dollars i would want it returned to me. Treat others how you want to be treated. I would return it to them.

• I'm selfish. Sorry not sorry.

If it was someone I personally knew or someone I would like to know then I'd probably give the money to them as it would be in my best interest to. However if it was a stranger or a person I didn't like then of course I'd take it and not say anything about it. I'm a scavenger at heart and my own happiness/pleasure goes over others in the scale of priority.

HecticHero says2016-11-03T18:12:06.173
Its a lot easier to say on the internet that you would give up 100 dollars out of kindness. While it may be the ethical thing to do, i honestly don't believe everyone on the positive side is telling the truth. I hope if this situation happens to me ill do the right thing,