If you had the money, would you send your child to a private school?

Asked by: Samallama
  • They can be no equality in society.

Not only would i never send MY child to a private school, i largely disagree with others sending their children to private schools.

There can be no equality in a society which allows for consumers to pay for healthcare, education and the like. If all is provided by the state, then those who are lesser off will not suffer, and everyone can be equal.

• Equality in society

I would not send my child to a private school. Not because I don't think they are better than public schools, but because the idea of private schools is wrong. Paying money to get your child a better education is against an equal society. It makes it more likely that poverty and low-income will pass on through the generations, making it harder to break out of the cycle of being poor and uneducated. Everyone should have an equal opportunity to do well in the society.

zolly1988 says2014-01-03T21:52:54.857
Yes. I feel my daughter would benefit from the quality of teaching and the extra curricular activities such as dance, musical instruments, languages, etc taught from a young age.

Private schools are all about talented children, well I would like pushy teachers to force my daughter's talents out of the woodwork, and let her recognise her potential and take it further.

Mainstream schools are just too busy defending their bullying policies!