If you had to pick between the two, would you rather be physically attracted to your partner (yes) or intellectually attracted to your partner (no)?

Asked by: Haroush
  • Intellectually for love, Physically for lust

Loving someone for their personality traits is much more of a powerful bound than physical attraction. Interacting with another person just to get in their pants, does not seem the best method to live.

''Sex friends'' is the best term that comes to people that are only attracted physically, but I'm not really against that either.

• Intellectual Attraction Wins

Look everyone likes someone who is easy on the eye but ultimately being easy on the eye and having no intellectual stimulation is boring, irritating and will probably cause one to not be so physically attracted after a while. Especially when older, looks do fade. Ever seen a hot 'grandad' walking around? Gross... Being with someone who is intelligent becomes very sexy. But I wouldn't go for someone who was dead ugly but really clever either. A balance works well. But I think between the two, physical attraction will probably only equal sex for a short while.

• Has to be Intellectual attraction

Although if I'm not physically into a person then we'll probably be just friends but I rather live with a person I'm just friends with for the rest of my life than try living with someone who isn't intellectually stimulating. That would be boring. For lust purposes I wouldn't mind so much.

• This side is intellectual attraction

Pick yes for physical attraction and no for intellectual attraction. Please explain in detail as to why you feel this way. I am interested in everyone's opinion and would like to know how everyone feels. Remember, this would be if you had to pick one or the other and couldn't have both.

Haroush says2014-02-27T03:43:54.177
Lol, sorry if you get confused by the question as I ran out of room.
GeekiTheGreat says2014-02-28T00:43:41.643
I think people need to be attracted equally on both levels or else the relationship would not be good for either partner. Everyone wants to seem physically attractive and intellectually attractive to their significant other and that's fair enough to want that. Without the balance of attraction relationships fall into problems, such as cheating. There should be a happy middle ground in a relationship so both partners get the best and most out of their relationship.
Haroush says2014-02-28T00:45:12.343
GeekiTheGreat says2014-02-28T00:46:17.757
Why on earth is that a bad thing.
Haroush says2014-02-28T00:50:32.050
It's not that it is a bad thing, it is that the point of the question is if you had to pick between one or the other and that was the way it was, which one would you pick? Intellectual Attraction or Physical Attraction?