• If I were eligible I would definitely become a citizen of Ireland.

If I were eligible I would definitely become a citizen of Ireland. One of the main reasons I would make this decision personally is that my grandparents are descendants from one of the tribes of Galway. However, I think an important difference between Ireland and America (where I currently live) is that in America we prioritize political freedom. America was founded so that its citizens would be free from religious persecution. I would like to be a citizen of Ireland to be able to experience what it is like to live in a country that is unafraid of superstition and religion.

• If I was eligible, I would become a citizen of Ireland as quickly as possible!

I have visited Ireland on several occasions, for both long and short term time spans. I have visited for several week vacations, and also lived there for four months in college studying abroad. It was undoubtedly the most beautiful country I had ever seen, and is home to some of the most interesting and truly genuine population of people I have ever met. If given the chance, I would become a citizen of Ireland and move there immediately.

• I would become a citizen of Ireland

Ireland is a great country and its citizenship should be taken seriously. You would be able to gain access to the EU and the economic networks. Even if you weren't Irish, being an Irish citizen is an important step on the ladder to success in the world. I would like to visit Dublin.

• I see no reason

Although it would be nice to visit Ireland, I see really no reason to increase my taxes by becoming a dual citizen. Additionally, I have no desire to renounce my current citizenship to become a citizen of Ireland without paying additional taxes. It would be nice to go to Ireland, but that is not enough justification for me to go through the process of becoming a citizen.