In 1990 boxer Ali spoke directly to Saddam Hussein to release 15 hostages: Can celebrities be helpful in negotiations with foreign leaders?

• Celebrities have a great deal of influence.

I do believe that celebrities can prove helpful in political negotiations with foreign leaders. Celebrities have a great deal of influence throughout the world. Their visibility in the media puts them in a very unique position, socially and politically, as their views can be widely broadcast across the globe and reach millions. Leveraging this power could prove extremely helpful in a variety of political situations.

• With the right communication

I think celebrities are great at influencing others, even world leaders in foreign countries. However, they must execute a very tactful and careful mode of communication to ensure that things go as planned. Some celebrities just aren't equipped for such handling, while others could surely benefit world peace and human rights.

• Yes, this is true.

I strongly believe that celebrities can be helpful in negotiations with foreign leaders. This is evident in the past ( In the year 1990) where the boxer Ali spoke directly to Saddam Hussein to release 15 hostages. It actually happened. Therefore i agree with this point. We all have celebrities that we look upon.

• No, not usually.

The only world leaders I can think of who would potentially be swayed by a celebrity negotiator are Kim Jong-Un and Donald Trump. Un famously spent time with Dennis Rodman, and he seems to be in awe of certain celebrities. Trump is easily influenced and always seems to be looking to please people and say what people want to hear, especially if they are famous, so he could be affected by a celebrity.