In Denmark it is illegal to burn the flag of any country other than the Danish one: Should the U.S. have a similar law?

• Yes, I think so.

You don`t have to burn it. there are a couple other ways that are satisfactory. Burning the flag is more common, especially with the Scouts, because its a ceremony based around honor, courtesy and reverence. I think it's down to respect for different traditions rather than respect for the people that hold them. When world leaders visit different countries they follow the local customs out of respect. They don't necessarily respect the people they are dining with at a function, but they are still representing their country and not their own personal opinions so act accordingly.

• What point does it get across?

Y'all on the no side say it gets a point across. All I see is people who don't love their country. Love it or leave it. , , ,, , , , , ,,, , , , , , , , ,, , , , , , , , ,

• All countries should have this law.

We really need to make more of an effort to understand our fellow human beings, be they from another religion or another country. With the technology we have now,there really is no excuse for ignorance. I think the Danish have it right, if you are a citizen you can express your annoyance with your own country, but if you don't live in another country, you don't have the right to disrespect that country.

• It's freedom of speech.

Speech is more sacred in the United States than it is anywhere else. There is no reason that it should be illegal to burn the flag. If a person wants to make a point by doing it, they should be allowed to. A wise person once said that even if a person disagrees with another's word, he should defend the others' right to say it.

• No, the U.S. should not have a laws banning the burning of flags at all

No, the U.S. should not have a laws banning the burning of flags at all. While Denmark's law seems to show a certain level of respect for international flags and the countries they represent, the banning of flag burning is a violation of the freedom of speech we enjoy and respect in the U.S.

• A decided issue

I stand by the Supreme Court decision that flag burning is a valid form of expression. Although I don't agree with burning the American flag I do understand that people have a right to do that if they want. As for burning a flag other than the American flag I believe the same laws should apply.