In discussing voter turnout, Trump official says it's like "predicting your wife's mood.": Is this comment another example of sexism in the Trump campaign?

• It is a clearly sexist comment.

The idea that women are a mystified and inherently volatile emotional breed of people has been an entrenched form of misogynistic rhetoric for hundreds of years. Trump, who has been plagued with allegations of serious misogynistic behaviour throughout this election campaign, certainly knew the connotations of this sentence and was aware of its sexist undertones.

• Trump has surrounded himself with people like him.

I'm not surprised that a member of Trump's campaign said those words. Trump spouts such misogynist rhetoric that I'm sure those around him start absorbing it as well. I don't see how anyone can think Trump is qualified to be President when he treats women on such a superficial basis, this is 2016 not 1916.

• Yes, I think so.

Trump has been muzzled by his manager yet was able to compare his diminished campaign to his wife. Even a muzzled dog gets free and bites the hand that feeds it. This will help win the women's vote for sure, right? Oh, he made a pretty valiant attempt at doing so early on. Insulting Latinos and women was a real stroke of genuis.

• It's just an analogy.

Trump is married to a woman. So when he talks about his spouse, naturally he's going to be talking about his wife. That doesn't make him a sexist. This is just another example of the media taking something out of context and telling people not to vote for Trump because of it. He was just talking.