In light of the recent news that lead contamination in water systems is occurring across the country in many cities, are you afraid that your water may be contaminated?

• We all share water systems.

I think there is a very high likelihood that more and more cities will be contaminated. Though we are far away, it's always possible that this could be leaked. It's possible that anyone's water could be contaminated. It needs to be cleaned up before more people get sick and die.

• Recent lead contimation leads to fears over local water

There has been high profile revelations of lead contamination in the local water, leading to fears about my own water. It has been found in diverse geographical areas such as Michigan and Newark, New Jersey. If these places have lead contamination, there is no reason to think other places with old pipes do not have it as well.

• I am not concerned about lead contamination in my water

I am not too concerned about the possibility of my water being contaminated with lead. I live in a small, rural town, and have viewed the water treatment plants. This is a very clean, well taken care of area in the midwest where everyone is working to maintain our clean environment.

• No, it's not a major concern to me.

I live in a city with newer infrastructure so it is not as much of a concern. Most of the lead contamination comes from older plumbing and many of the stories seem to come from cities with older infrastructure. I feel relatively safe with the plumbing used in my own home and I use well water for most of my drinking water.