In light of the terrorist attacks on and since 9/11, is the Fourth Amendment prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure outdated?

• Yes, the 4th Amendment is a bit outdated.

I think that in light of the terrorist attacks on and since 9/11, the 4th Amendment prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure is outdated. I think that the world is a different place than it was centuries ago. I think that some policies need to be updated and changed with the times.

• No It Is Not

I do not believe the fourth amendment prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure is outdated. I believe this protection is still very necessary and needs to be supported more. As an American, I fear the government potentially harassing me in the future. I do not want to lose my rights and I do not want to live under a corrupt government that keeps taking away freedoms.

• The Fourth Amendment Needs to Stay

The Fourth Amendment prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure should definitely stay in effect. Issues like racial profiling mean that, for instance, a Muslim family could be subjected to undue suspicion, and have their homes invaded by overzealous police or government forces. This sets a dangerous precedent. In America, we should have reasonable evidence of guilt before we go knocking down doors in search of terrorists.

• We need freedom.

No, in light of the terrorist attacks of and since 9/11, the 4th Amendment is not outdated, because we need freedom more than we ever did. Freedom never goes out of style. If you'd rather have your security than your freedom, you don't deserve to be free. We need to live our lives.