In the US, should convicted criminals who've served their prison terms have their right to vote restored?

• Over time, yes

Their voting rights should be under probation and they should have to put in the time to make a case they really do plan on staying out of trouble and contributing to society, but if they can do that, you only get truly reformed people if you actually treat them like regular citizens. After a few years, they should have voting rights restored.

• Depends on their crime

If someone went to prison for possession of marijuana or other low level charges than I think they should have their right to vote restored and be able to participate in our democracy. However, other higher level criminals such as grand theft auto, rape, murder, or others should not. They lost that right.

• Yes, over time

After they've gone a few years without getting into trouble again, I don't see why not. If we want to give convicted criminals a chance to integrate back into society and be productive members of it, then we need to let them feel like regular citizens that did something stupid in the past. Repeat offenders shouldn't get their voting rights back, but if it's an isolated incident then why not give them one chance to get it right?

• Yes they should.

I think that in the US criminals convicted of a crime, who have paid their debt to society should have their right to vote restored. In fact, I don't think it should be taken away in the first place. I don't understand why they shouldn't have as much say as everyone else when it comes to who is in office.

• Past Criminals Deserve the Right to Vote

Any criminal that has served out their prison terms should have their voting rights restored after release. Doing so is only a just and right thing to do, which isn't being done right now. With that in mind, these people shouldn't be penalized in this manner for serving their terms and earning their release.