In today's digital society are we losing the art of listening?

• No we are not losing the art of listening

How can we get imfo from now if we don't have technology. Technology is evething. How can I keep my kids entertained I just try but they love the iPad. How can I take photos on my phone of course. How can I text my mum 5 hours away from me.

• The creation of technology has ruined us.

No one feels the need to listen because they have everything handed to them. Some people are just arrogant and think that the sound of their voice is better than anyone else. We have two ears and one tongue for a reason and people should pay attention to each other.

• People just don't know how to listen anymore

Most people have their faces in electronics. When someone asks a question, they do it to keep the conversation going that they aren't even listening to. Less than ten years ago people asked questions to get answers. None of the people I know can answer the question "What did I just ask you?"

• Well, we've lost our attention span to listen.

In the digital age when we can get everything instantly, especially kids raised to never know a life without computers seem to have this feeling that they need everything that they want instantly, and if they don't get it, digital society has also enforced the idea that people should post nasty comments until they get what they want.

• We are losing the art of listening

Digital devices demand our attention in ways that make it impossible to give our complete attention to any other tasks. The perpetual interruptions from these devices keep us continually interrupting ourselves from the listening we should be doing. Science is showing that we are fooling ourselves if we really believe we can multi-task successfully. When we are in a conversation with someone, we should fully engage with them instead of responding o every incoming stimuli.

• People do not listen

People are overwhelmed with so much information available through digital media. The kids in the newer generations multitask to the point that they do not concentrate on one thing. They are always on their phone or tablet, looking at news feeds, that when they try to hold a conversation at the same time they only half listen. Their attention span is becoming much smaller. Listening, and understanding, is becoming a rarer thing.