In your opinion is satanism a good, moral, religion just like any other?

Asked by: Madeline1698
  • I am a satanist

Personally, since I have started to call myself a satanist, I have felt more at peace with myself. I have felt more happy, whole and confidant. I know that there are a lot of people out there that think that satanism is all about killing and rape, and animal sacrifice and it isn't even close. Satanism isn't about killing it is about loving yourself and standing up for yourself.

• Makes more sense than Christianity does.

I'm an atheist who studied at a Catholic school for two years. I'd studied the Bible before then, and I study the Bible now. Everything I'm about to say would be assuming that God, Heaven, and Hell are real (which I don't believe).

I can tell you with absolute certainty that if Hell is the place where God is not, then that's where I want to be. God is a genocidal, vindictive, egomaniacal, megalomaniacal, insane psychopath and I don't want to be anywhere near him for anything that might constitute eternity. God killed or specifically commissioned the killing of upwards of 6 million people in the Old Testament alone, NOT counting people who die of old age, disasters, disease, or the Great Flood. Do you know how many people Satan killed in the Old Testament? Six! Six people. And he wasn't even the one who killed them. He asked God if he would do it, and God accepted.

So, by all accounts, was Satan in the wrong for disobeying God?

Hell no! Not as long as Schindler was in the right for disobeying Hitler. Except God is less of a Hitler and more of a completely depraved and insane Super-Stalin who runs a glorious, horrifying dictatorship in the sky where any dissenters are immediately cast into the bowels of hell. Not to mention that ANYONE, no matter how completely EVIL, is allowed right in as long as they repent to God and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

So that's why, if there was ever a heaven, I'd want to get as far away from there as possible.

• Satanism is like any other religion.

People have the wrong interpretation of what Satanism is. Like Christianity, there are denominations. There are also theistic and atheistic forms (atheistic being a religion under the basis of symbolism and that they are their own God.) For example, I am a LaVeyan Satanist. It's foundations is individualism. Satan is a symbol of that. Do what you want and what makes you happy (while still following the law.) People judge Satanists on the premise that Christianity, etc., is always correct and that all Satanists automatically worship their Satan and are evil. It's ignorant and they don't bother to understand.

As I said, there are theistic versions. Monotheistic and polytheistic. Satan plays entirely different roles, including there being Satan's Mother within it. Entirely different stories. The Onyx Bible will show you one version. There is also Reverse-Abrahamic.

You can't speak as if you know what it is without doing your research.

• The perfect religion

I support this because i completely see the clear prejudice on people who identify with satanism. I see that it is about rising above the petty crap that holds so many people of this world down such as other religions that require you to worship a (usually very selfish) god.

• He's better then god

Hey satan didn't drown MILLIONS because he didn't like what was going on, satan doesn't tell you to have slaves, kill gay people and all that bullshit, if anything satan is the good guy god is the bad guy, satan even takes responsibility, when you religious folks do something wrong god is all like ''ugh I can't deal with this satan you take them''

• Satanism is many things

While I'm not a fan of theistic Satanism I consider myself an atheistic Satanist. I've never read the Satanic Bible but I know what its about. I practice my own kind of Satanism which is highly secular and recognizes Satan as man. I don't believe in Satan nor do I fit the stereotypes of Satanists. No rituals just logical thinking and an appreciation of nature. True Satanists don't kill unless they have to. My Satanism involves nothing that is harmful to one's self or others. It is a form of spiritual atheism. Satanism is nothing like other religions or philosophies.

• Satanism is more logical than Judaism, Christianity and Islam

In these religions, god is the all powerful, almighty being who apparently is needed for salvation. If god really cared, why would he allow his beings to go to hell? Why would he allow for "evil" to happen? Why would he even ask us to worship him? Satan is like god's slave. Satan barely killed anyone, but god killed many. The god of the Bible and Qur'an seems very evil due to his actions in these books. Shouldn't Satan symbolize freedom due to him being a slave to god? Why is Satan so evil, if we commit these "sins" every day. What makes us better then him? I'm not Satanist, nor do I even believe in Lucifer. But I find Satanism much more logical then Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

• Po0r satanists! You are just losers!

Just read what Satan will say in the day of judgment.

Quran 14:22:

And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment."