In your opinion, should children have more rights?

Asked by: mercurychild
  • Children should not be abused

I think we give kids plenty of rights. But we also have to teach them responsibility. Anton Le Vey once said "Indulgence not Compulsion" . Though I'm not a Le Vey Satanist I live by that belief. It is okay to indulge (depending on the situation) but don't become an addict. I also believe that kids should be able to decide what they want to believe in as long as it doesn't harm others. While I don't hate religion I believe that it has been more harmful than beneficial. This is why I chose to be an atheistic Satanist and remain politically independent. We should teach our children to be responsible but we should also teach them to mind their own business as well.

• What do they need rights for?

I do not believe that children should have more rights since they don't need rights, they have a job and that is to get good grades in school. That is enough of a challenge for most children. And by rights what rights would you want to grant to children, i had right such as being able to drive, consume alcohol, and purchase fire arms. I do believe that some rights could be given, but it is not a priority as the youth of america is not being oppressed in any major way.