• He was famous in India.

Om Puri was a famous actor in India. He was revered there are he died too soon. Puri was well known for his work. His characters were thought provoking and he made Indian society think about what they stood for. Puri left a strong legacy and chose thoughtful characters that produced beloved characters in film.

• Yes, he was.

Om Puri was well respected because of his skills and becauase of the many movies that he was in. He is known for not only acting in movies in India, in his native homeland , but also for his roles in British and American films. It takes a great actor to be able to work in multiple countries.

• He was talented.

Om Puri was a great actor. Even though he is gone from us way too soon, he will never be forgotten. He is one of those actors who truly rose to fame because of his talents and not just because of how he looked. I know I'll miss seeing his films.

• Yes, I think so.

He received an honorary OBE in 2004 for his contribution to British cinema and in 1990 was awarded the Padma Shri, one of India’s highest civilian honours. A versatile artist, Puri became a key player in India’s arthouse cinema scene in the 1980s and 1990s but achieved international fame for his roles in Hollywood films such as City of Joy, Wolf, and Charlie Wilson’s War. He was also known in the UK for his roles in British films such as My Son the Fanatic and East is East.