• 12 is appropriate thats when hormones start to act up

I think 12 is a good age because thats when kids start to get interested in dating. I first started dating when i was 12 and i thought it was ok because i was in jr. High or the 6th grade and i saw everybody else doing it so i wanted to do it too.

• Starts getting mature

When the kid/teen gets 12, she/he its mature enough to date, cause its when the hormons start "developing" . Of course, any thing to serious like going to movies every week, or going to each others house. In general they could start thinking of their future relationships and see how is the real world.

• I think 12 is a good age because thats when kids start to get interested in dating.

Double Dates And Such I believe children at the age of 12, if they bring up the subject, are probably old enough to test the waters of dating. I think this is a good time for double dates, group dates, etc. There are many activities that kids this age can do together and their idea of dating and yours, probably don't match.

• Double Dates And Such

I believe children at the age of 12, if they bring up the subject, are probably old enough to test the waters of dating. I think this is a good time for double dates, group dates, etc. There are many activities that kids this age can do together and their idea of dating and yours, probably don't match.

• The young age of 12 IS NOT an appropriate age for dating.

Twelve year old girls, and I mean that literally, are still playing with Barbie dolls and baking in their Easy Bake ovens. How on earth would they even know the first step in dating? Do not come back at me for girls starting earlier and think that just because they have crossed that part of life, that that makes them ready for dating.

• It is sad to see that this even has become a topic to debate about.

It is obviously not an appropriate age to date. Sure, hormones may be acting up but that also means that the kid is engaging in dating only because of these hormones and not because of a meaningful reason. Preteens are an age to develop physically and emotionally and the drama and heartbreak often accompanying dating because of their still immature minds would not help. In addition to that, in the excitement of new feelings and its distraction, kids might lose out on so many more things life has to offer. Like pursuing a hobby or passion, having dreams and ambitions.

• 12 is way too young

Ages around 16 is the best time. I don't think kids should be dating because their minds are not ready for that. Its ok to have friends or maybe best friends but to cross the line of dating it takes a more mature mind even though minds don't mature fully until the mid 20's anyways...

• Still a baby

12yrs u would be to young to get into a relationship bcos at 12 some do not even know wat is luv u re still watching spongebob u re not yet mature to hve a girl or boyfriend u re still crying for dolls from mummy and u may not hve started
    having the puberty changes u have to chill ur time will cme coz at 12 u re still a mommas baby

• Im not really interested in seeing MTV's TWEEN mom, so no.

I mean, do what you want with your kids, if it was my son, and especially if I had a daughter, I'd be saying no way to anything resembling dating before 15. I don't know why 15 is a magical number, seeing as I punched my VCard at 14, but it just seems to be a more sensible and reasonable age.

• Yeah this is stupid

Well f*** that. Twelve year olds are either still in puberty or just got out of it. They don't know what the hell is going on. This is like sending a bunch of kids off to war. The emotional damage caused by the breakups going from when their 12 till whenever they get their sh** together will just be giving us a new generation of emotionally damaged irrational people. That's what's going on right now. Grow up first, then start dating.