• Yes, 2013 is the "Year of the Gay."

Yes, I believe that 2013 is definitely the "Year of the Gay" as more and more people are throwing their support behind gay marriage even to the point that the Supreme Court will make a landmark decision in June when it comes to gay marriage and the right to marry.

• If the question means, will gay marriage be legalized in all remaining states in 2013, the answer is a resounding no.

I love it when I hear people say that more and more people are throwing their support behind gay marriage. And, then to say based on what they have heard on the bias liberal News outlets that the Supreme Court will make a landmark decision in June when it comes to gay marriage, I can only laugh.

Only 9 states and DC allow gay marriage, and they are all very liberal democratic states with a combined total population of 49,244,887 out of a total US population of 311,591,917 (2011) or 15.8%. Without the two larger states, based on population (New York and Washington), the percentage drops to 7%.
    http://statesthatallowgaymarriage.com/
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004986.html

What is the percentage based on States plus DC. There are 50 states plus DC or 51. There are 9 states and DC that allow gay marriage. It is 19.6% (10/51). But, do the percentages based on states or total populations really matter? Most likely not. It is the remaining 23 Republican states that will be huge obstacle.

The remaining 23 Republican States: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming, are very unlikely to ever pass Gay Marriage or recognize civil unions. All these states’ constitutions or statutes ban same-sex marriage and some or all other kinds of same-sex unions. So that will have to wait for a future Supreme Court Case, most likely. And, that could take a decade or more.

So, I really doubt that 2013 will be the year of the gay.

• The year has just begun so there is no way to know.

I really don't think we have gone far enough into the year 2013 to say that it is the year of anything. Has there been quite a few things going on with gay people this year? Yes. I don't think that we have yet risen to the level of saying that this is the year of gay.

• Better Headline Than That

It's the year of equality. Maybe in 2013, much to the dismay of many conservatives, we start to see an overall increase in equality. We will see with Obama's presidency, and the rising trend of the liberal youth that we in fact, are becoming a nation of equality. This is a great example of what our nation is becoming.