• They are a boyband

According to the Oxford dictionary, a boyband is : "A pop group composed of attractive young men, whose music and image are designed to appeal primarily to a young teenage audience."
    This is a rather accurate description of 5 seconds of summer therefore I, as well as many others, can conclude that they are a boyband.

• Yes Yes Yes

I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.

• Yes Yes Yes

• 5 Seconds of Summer is more like a pop/punk band

I get how they are associated with One Direction a lot, but don't let that confuse you on their musical style. They are far from being a boyband and their songs are really hardcore. They may be young kids but they sure do have some rockin' talent for their ages

• Not a boy band

I don't like one direction but if you google 5sos it says rock band and their genres are pop punk and pop rock and a boy band doesn't play instruments on stage and their music is pre prerecorded they just sing but 5sos all play instruments and all sing not hating on one direction but that takes more talent

• Not a boyband.

5sos is just a band. They play the guitar, bass, and drums just like a normal band does. If it was a group of boys just singing it would be considered a boyband. People don't consider Green Day, All Time Low, Nirvana, or ACDC a boyband because they are boys in a band. No, people call them a band because they play instruments and sing just like 5sos does.

• Just because they are good looking boys who can sing does not make them a boyband.

• Not a boyband

The definition of a Boyband is a band that doesn't play there own instruments. 5sos plays drums, guitar, bass and occasionally more. Have you ever seen One Direction playing their own instruments? NO. Not hating on One Direction I actually like them. But just because it's a popular band of all boys don't say they are a boyband. I love 5sos and I'm not hating on boybands, but 5 Seconds of Summer is NOT one.