• Yes it is

Double digits. A tween is someone who is 10-12 years old. In other words a tween is an age with a one in front of it that doesn't end in teen. 10, 11, and 12 are all teens. 13-19 is teen though I guess 18 and 19 year olds are in a different category since they are adults.

• Yes they are

They are since there double digits. A tween is someone who is not a child or a teen and is double digits. 9 year old no even if your in 4th grade.4th grade 10 year olds yes because they can stay home alone,walk alone, ride the tallest rollercoaster and stay in car alone(legally).

• Yes they are

Early childhood spans the age range of 0-9, when play is common among the little ones of this age range. At age 10,11 and 12, most are still prepubescent, but precocious members of this group may start to act like teenagers, influencing the rest of their peers. At least that’s what I observe

• Yes they are

• This is my opinion(deal with it)

I agree because I am(enter age here)and have been doing research about this type of thing and it is ages 10-12 But people in my family disagree even thought I have proof and I think it would be the appropriate age because 9 is too immature and 11 is a little too mature.

• Im 10 and im considered a tween!

My brother thinks otherwise, but I don't care! It says 8-12 are tweens. ULTIMITLY COMPLETELY WRONG!!!!!!!! 8 and 9 year olds are too dumbfounded and immature. So its unfair to call them tweens. A tween is a girl between 10-12. We call em tweens because they are in between. Too old for toys and too young for boys

• Tweens vs. Teens

10-12 is called tween because that age group is between teen ages. It does not end in teen, but is in double digits. I don"t know why people would say it isn't tween. I just proved it right here. Look it up you'll see i'm right.
    Posted by: Beau (nickname)

• Tweens vs. Teens

Tweens are not exactly teens yet but are close. Like all of you guys said, it is ten and twelves, in the double digits but is not a teen. It is between 10-12 because it doesn't end with teen, like 13, but it is close to teens so we call it tweens.

• Tweens vs. Teens

• Yes they are.

10 - 12 year olds are tweets. It's when they start experiencing puberty. A tween is someone with an age that has 1 in the tens place and 0, 1, or 2 in the ones place. In other words, a tween is someone with a double - digit age, but it doesn't end it teen.

• They are a child

The term tween was previously used in J. R. R. Tolkien's 1954 novel The Lord of the Rings to refer to Hobbits in their twenties: "tweens as Hobbits called the irresponsible twenties between childhood and the coming of age at thirty-three."

I have never heard of someone between the ages of 10 and 12 calling themselves a Tween ever, the way your suggesting it be used, must be some new american slang.

Personally to me it just sounds stupid, then again it could be my age showing but to me, if a 10 - 12 year old turned up at school calling themselves a tween they would have been: either not taken seriously by the older students or openly mocked.

But that said my school was for years 1 - 12 might be different in a primary school where there are no older students to mention how stupid the idea sounds.

If your under Thirteen your a child in the eyes of the law in most places in the world. And even then your considered a minor until your eighteen.

• 10 is not a tween

10 is not a tween because technicaly u have to be in middle school to be a tween and when your 10 your in gr.5 and gr.5 is not middle school. I used to think that because I wanted to seem older but I was not older, so u gotta respect that 10 is not a tween😐

• Child not tween

They are children and will be children till they act like adults. I feel this need to be called tweens is an act of rebellion and should be taken into consideration hat they are not in charge and should still listen to there parents cause they will not get anywhere in life without there parents.

• No there not.

A tween is only a 12-year-old. The dictionary even states tween definition reference to a 12-year-old boy/girl. Also tween comes from the pronunciation of the number 1 A tween is only a 12-year-old. The dictionary even states tween definition reference to a 12-year-old boy/girl. Also tween comes from the pronunciation of the number tweleve. People need to get this right.

• Hell no dammit

Tween is only 12. The pronouciation of tween comes from twelve. I know cuz my dictionary says Tween difinition: a reference to a 12 year old boy/girl. Also tween comes from the pronouciation of the number twelve. Plus in Japan a tween is a 12 year old. Any sane adult knows this.