• Yes it is

Double digits. A tween is someone who is 10-12 years old. In other words a tween is an age with a one in front of it that doesn't end in teen. 10, 11, and 12 are all teens. 13-19 is teen though I guess 18 and 19 year olds are in a different category since they are adults.

• Yes they are

They are since there double digits. A tween is someone who is not a child or a teen and is double digits. 9 year old no even if your in 4th grade.4th grade 10 year olds yes because they can stay home alone,walk alone, ride the tallest rollercoaster and stay in car alone(legally).

• Yes they are preadolescence

Generally for girls they begin puberty at 10-11 so children at around that age is not a young child anymore they are almost on the stage to entered the teen age.I would also say that a 10 years old should actually already be considered as teens not a child as i see.

• Why is this even on here

This isn't even really an opinion question because i think its pretty well established that the 10 to 12's are referred to as the tween age group and also why is it important how we classify the age group of a ten year old i mean it doesn't really matter.
    Also..There is no WAY the girl in that picture is only 10. Id put her at ilk 14.

• They are a child

The term tween was previously used in J. R. R. Tolkien's 1954 novel The Lord of the Rings to refer to Hobbits in their twenties: "tweens as Hobbits called the irresponsible twenties between childhood and the coming of age at thirty-three."

I have never heard of someone between the ages of 10 and 12 calling themselves a Tween ever, the way your suggesting it be used, must be some new american slang.

Personally to me it just sounds stupid, then again it could be my age showing but to me, if a 10 - 12 year old turned up at school calling themselves a tween they would have been: either not taken seriously by the older students or openly mocked.

But that said my school was for years 1 - 12 might be different in a primary school where there are no older students to mention how stupid the idea sounds.

If your under Thirteen your a child in the eyes of the law in most places in the world. And even then your considered a minor until your eighteen.

• No there not.

A tween is only a 12-year-old. The dictionary even states tween definition reference to a 12-year-old boy/girl. Also tween comes from the pronunciation of the number 1 A tween is only a 12-year-old. The dictionary even states tween definition reference to a 12-year-old boy/girl. Also tween comes from the pronunciation of the number tweleve. People need to get this right.

• Hell no dammit

Tween is only 12. The pronouciation of tween comes from twelve. I know cuz my dictionary says Tween difinition: a reference to a 12 year old boy/girl. Also tween comes from the pronouciation of the number twelve. Plus in Japan a tween is a 12 year old. Any sane adult knows this.