• Yes the Big Mac is worth the $7.00 charged in Norway.

The first thing you have look at is the cost of ground beef. In the US ground beef runs around $3.25 a pound, in Norway the average cost for a pound of ground beef is slightly north of $9.00 a pound. Take into account similar costs for other items in the Big Mac and you can see how the cost gets to $7.00 in a hurry.

• Not at all

I can't really speak about the cost comparatively in Norway because the wages may be way higher in that country, but a Big Mac is not worth that. A Big Mac is not really real food and should not cost that much. You should spend money on healthier food for you.

• A Big Mac should not be that expensive.

The Big Mac is a popular sandwich, but it is not worth $7.00. Many people might pay that price for one now and then, but based on the quality of food, the price is way too high. You could get a much better meal of higher quality for that price.

• Woah it's that much?!

No way! I'm not sure what it costs to ship everything, but no wonder none of my Norwegian friends ever go out to eat! That is insanely expensive! Maybe for like an entire meal I could see it being that much, or maybe a dollar more, but not just for the sandwich.

SweetTea says2014-07-26T10:41:14.240
Hmmm ... I've never been to Norway, but I've learned a few things about food traveling abroad. Chocolate IS BETTER outside the U.S. -- even a candy bar! Coca-Cola tastes BETTER, outside the U.S. too! I don't usually eat fast-food, on vacation. So, I don't have a lot to judge it by. The Whopper at BK, in Canada, not only tastes BETTER -- it looks BIGGER! So, you don't mind the modest increase in price. Combo meals are called "Trios". I've had friends & family, who traveled in Europe, tell me similar stories. One swears that that she has seen McDonald's use beautiful, breaded fish filets on a sandwich instead of that square, pressed thing they use in the U.S.! We allow too many preservatives & fillers, in our food, in the U.S. Other nations do not. Until you travel a little, you just don't realize how much the American consumer is being taken advantage of!
Diqiucun_Cunmin says2014-07-26T17:41:31.283
If that $7.00 involves the internalisation of external costs, by looking at the comments in the NO section, we can see that the marginal benefit of even the first unit of Big Mac falls below the equilibrium price between the marginal social cost and marginal social benefit curves (I think I can assume MPB = MSB). If my graph-drawing is correct, that means there is no consumer surplus, only deadweight loss and producer surplus, under the current situation. O_0 In other words, stop buying Big Macs!